Would Bills Fans Cheer an Injured Opponent?

judman

I absolutely think fans would cheer if certain players were hurt. Especially patriot guys. Brady, Edelman, Gronk when he was playing would all get a huge ovation if injured in buffalo. There might be a few more like Jarvis Landry too. It’s the nature of the beast. Emotions are high in a giant crowd. At home might be a different story. As for Durant I personally hated to see it, guy was gonna be a free agent and get a huge payday but more importantly possibly shift the balance of power in the NBA and make some great headlines. That injury is dreaded especially in the NBA and now he’s gonna possibly miss the entire season next year which sucks for the league 

There have been games where Tom Brady was never even touched by a Bills defender.  I suspect he has been the best protected QB of the modern era.  If he took a hard, legal blow and got up a little damaged damn right I'd cheer as the Bills need more of those.  If he I knew he were knocked out of the game, maybe.  If he were done for the year or his career, no.  It's impossible to know in the moment the full extent of the event.    From an intimidating blow to temporary pain to lingering hurt to game, season or career ending injuries.  I definintely know the Bills have needed to hit TB (within the rules) way more than they have over the years so any such effort going forward will be greatly appreciated by me.  I'd probably cheer when he took the hit, stop if it looked like he couldn't get up and cheer again when did.

As for the the TO fans, its tough to know a ruptured achilles from a tweaking of a persisting injury, especially from the nose bleeds.  I judge them not.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

5 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

There have been games where Tom Brady was never even touched by a Bills defender.  I suspect he has been the best protected QB of the modern era.  If he took a hard, legal blow and got up a little damaged damn right I'd cheer as the Bills need more of those.  If he I knew he were knocked out of the game, maybe.  If he were done for the year or his career, no.  It's hard to know in the moment of what it will amount to.  From an intimidating blow to temporary pain to lingering hurt to game, season or career ending injuries.  I definintely know the Bills have needed to hit TB (within the rules) way more than they have over the years so any such effort going forward will be greatly appreciated by me.

As for the the TO fans, its tough to know a ruptured achilles from a tweaking of a persisting injury, especially from the nose bleeds.  I judge them not.

I bet people cheered when this hit happened.

42 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

If Oliver hit Brady so hard his helmet flew off with his head still in it yes he would get a standing ovation

The question’s whether his head would grow back in a few seconds just like the pawn shop owner in the first Men in Black movie!?? I’ve always suspected that Tommy may be an alien. He’s been rumored to be drinking a lot of sugar water on the sidelines.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, judman said:

Yesterday's news showed footage of many Toronto Raptors fans cheer the achilles injury suffered by Kevin Durant in the NBA Finals.  Players and media we're quick to object and denounce these cheers.

I've never been one to cheer an injury.  But, if TB12 went down during a game in Orchard Park... Welllllll...?!

Do you think the crowd would cheer?  Is he the only one who'd get that treatment?

I don't think it's fair to compare the NBA and NFL on this topic.  If there is a huge hit in a game, the crowd will roar.  That's the same for any team's fans.  Now if that player is a key player on the opposing team, and does not get up immediately, there will be an immediate "yes! This greatly increases our chances of winning" thought from most.  How 60 or 70,000 people sound during that moment can be interpreted as cheering for the injury rather than cheering for the Bills chances of winning.  And there are some that will cheer the injury, especially if it were Brady.  How long the "cheer" lasts is the key.

For the KD instance, it's completely different IMO.  The fans knew he was coming off a significant injury and was off to a hot start in the game.  When he went down, there wasn't just cheering, many fans were waving goodbye and shouting at KD. 

Edited by ricojes

i have unfortunately yelled at a player to quit faking an injury at a college game when the home team was rolling them and every three plays a defensive player was down, only to have player strechered of and later find out he had an ACL injury. i felt bad about that so i hope i would not cheer any injury including Tommy Boy.

Yeah that was classless what those Raptor fans did...

The only person i might get a LITTLE excited to get injured is Tom Brady. But I would get happy internally. I wouldn't express my excitement to the world...

I wanna tell my wife, F U, u dumbass beach, go SMD n STFU for TWO goddamn seconds u F'ing W**RE! , but, that doesn't mean I actually say it...

Oh you best believe I tell her though,

But in my mind.

Edited by HuSeYiN_NYC

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

I would never cheer that an opposition player was injured.   That would include Brady.  That's just not the kind of person I am.   I would applaud -- and maybe stand if it was an opposition team's star player -- as the player was taken from the field in the cart just like I would a Bills player. 

Brady being out of the season was good news for the Bills, that's just the bottom line.  I was at that game and was happy to hear he wouldn't be playing the rest of the season.  I wasn't happy about the type of injury, just happy the odds of the Bills beating the *patsies greatly increased.  There couldn't have been many in the stadium that said "Brady is out for the rest of the season?  Oh darn, what a shame."  

When a dude blows an ACL I don't cheer. I don't like seeing players get hurt, but that doesn't mean I don't like physical football, it just means I don't like seeing guys snap their neck like Ryan Shazier and Kevin Everett. It's just a game, its supposed to be fun not malevolent and malicious. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

The scene is 2008, the Seahawks are at the Bills for the home opener.

Pollard takes out Brady's knee, reports he tore his ACL verberate through the Ralph.

Bills fans AND Seahawks fans were literally high fiving eachother. I had fans in my section buying eachother beers in celebration.

To act like this is mutually exclusive to just one fan base is stupid. Is it a bad look, yes, but to act like only Toronto does it...

This is the point I've been making for two days.. Lets move past it people. Everybody gets caught up in the moment/circumstances. 

Also, if its severe, and buffalo fans have seen some awful things happen at our sports venues, we are the first to fall silent + pray/wish for the best...

• Like (+1) 1

I would cheer for a injury where they can continue for that game but never a major injury that would jeopardize a players career. I am still haunted that I was happy when Bo Jackson got hurt in that playoff game against the Bengals in 1991 knowing he wouldn’t be able to play against the BILLS in the AFC Championship game the next week. Never did I think then it was going to be career ending injury for him.

Edited by Protocal69

Not sure if anybody was there... but I was at the Bills season opener in 2008 against the Seahawks.  When the news started coming through that Brady had gotten injured against the Chiefs... there was a loud cheer that came from the crowd.....  Just say'n

3 hours ago, judman said:

Yesterday's news showed footage of many Toronto Raptors fans cheer the achilles injury suffered by Kevin Durant in the NBA Finals.  Players and media we're quick to object and denounce these cheers.

I've never been one to cheer an injury.  But, if TB12 went down during a game in Orchard Park... Welllllll...?!

Do you think the crowd would cheer?  Is he the only one who'd get that treatment?

We would cheer and anyone that says differently is lying. Everyone wouldn’t cheer but there is a high enough BAC in that stadium to head that route.

I would cheer until I lost my voice in the following scenario...

Gronkowski is on the sideline as a special alumni guest and standing next to Belichick.  Brady is flushed from the pocket and Ed Oliver, Tremaine Edmunds, and Jerry Hughes all converge on him at the same time, launching him off the field into Belichick and Gronkowski.  What is left is a pile of mangled arms and legs and headsets...

• Haha (+1) 1