Marquis Goodwin Wants to Compete in 2020 Olympics

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

Me, too.  Goodwin is a great guy who gave his all whilst in Buffalo.

Wasn't one of the knocks on him that, because he was also training for the Olympics, that he didn't give Buffalo his all?

That and he couldn't catch or stay on the field.

21 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wasn't one of the knocks on him that, because he was also training for the Olympics, that he didn't give Buffalo his all?

That and he couldn't catch or stay on the field.

EJ, Kyle, Tyrod. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

True.  They were all out to get him.

They were certainly not out to throw him catchable passes, which could explain his 900 yard season in SF after he left the Bills.

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

They were certainly not out to throw him catchable passes, which could explain his 900 yard season in SF after he left the Bills.

I actually wondered if he slept with EJ’s GF a couple times. Damn near got him killed! 

On 6/11/2019 at 11:36 PM, Mr. WEO said:

He hasn't competed in track since 2016 (when he didn't make the team)...and he wants to play a year of football and then qualify of the 2020 Olympics?

That's cool but.....zero point zero chance.

I wish him well but this is kind of the way I feel too. Other Olympic hopefuls have been training for their sports all that time. His chances are pretty slim, IMO.

Edited by vincec
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Gugny said:

In Goodwin's final year in Buffalo, R. Woods's caught 67% of his target, Clay caught 66%, Watkins 53%.  Goodwin was at 43%.  And your argument is that TT decided not to throw "catchable passes" to Goodwin only?

This is a guy who is under 50% caught targets for his career.  He had one good season 2 years ago..  Then he went back to being Regular Marquise Goodwin last year: always injured and can't catch the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

In Goodwin's final year in Buffalo, R. Woods's caught 67% of his target, Clay caught 66%, Watkins 53%.  Goodwin was at 43%.  And your argument is that TT decided not to throw "catchable passes" to Goodwin only?

This is a guy who is under 50% caught targets for his career.  He had one good season 2 years ago..  Then he went back to being Regular Marquise Goodwin last year: always injured and can't catch the ball.

No.  My argument is that all three of those QBs sucked.  Which they did.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

True, but Goodwin is the weakest link.  Always injured, can't catch.

Definitely injury prone.  I do think he can catch, however.

• Like (+1) 1

He's a great person & he's not getting any younger he should do it while he still can because you only get one go around & he may as well get it while he can especially if he still thinks he has it in him to do well !! 

Go for it Flash !! 

Good for him. Is 29 considered old for long jumpers? I don't really know a thing about track and field but I know Usain Bolt and Justin Gatlin were sprinting in their 30's. It's got to be his last shot but I'm not sure if he's exactly over the hill and in a worse position than last time.

On 6/12/2019 at 1:59 AM, mrags said:

You cannot be an Olympic athlete and not give 100% of your time towards that craft. Many have tried and they just cannot do it. Tyrone Wheatley did the same thing with the 110M hurdles back a long time ago. He even acknowledged that the time and effort into being an Olympic Athlete was far greater than that of a football player. He admitted he didn’t have the time to dedicate himself to the  sport. 

Glass should probably quit football and focus on his long jumping. After all, he’s not really any good at football and he’s often hurt. It would be better for his health. 

If that is true and a football player decides to make that commitment they are 100% cut worthy.

The Olympics don't pay the bills, they are boring, tired and forgotten.

No one under 50 cares about them besides people who are invested in what are largely amateur sports. 

He's 29, he's done as an Olympic athlete. He should focus on playing well for one more big payday. 

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

Good for him. Is 29 considered old for long jumpers? I don't really know a thing about track and field but I know Usain Bolt and Justin Gatlin were sprinting in their 30's. It's got to be his last shot but I'm not sure if he's exactly over the hill and in a worse position than last time.

Usain Bolt is possibly the best ever at his distance. Him running in his 30's is a lot different than a guy who has never qualified trying to at 29.

They are clearly a different caliber of athlete in their respective events.

On 6/12/2019 at 2:54 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

Honestly, I don’t feel like it’s our place to have a say anyways. The team can either grant his wish or he can quit football. My guess is that he’s allowed to try but he won’t qualify (sadly). It’s hard to do that part-time and still be one of the best in America. We have too many great athletes trying to earn those spots.

Why's it sad? I'd rather some guy doing this every year rather than once every 3 or 4 years make it over him.

Not that I'll watch it anyways. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B