Marquis Goodwin Wants to Compete in 2020 Olympics

ProFootballTalk‏Verified account @ProFootballTalk10s11 seconds agoMarquise Goodwin wants to compete in 2020 Olympics

Goodwin, who finished 10th in the long jump at the 2012 Games, hasn’t competed in track since 2016 when he failed to qualify for the Olympics a second time. But he said he was “100 percent committed” to trying to qualify for Team USA next summer.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/11/marquise-goodwin-wants-to-compete-in-2020-olympics/

Edited by Mike in Horseheads
  • Like (+1) 1

Interesting article on peak ages for track and field athletes.

https://travelingtrackster.wordpress.com/2014/09/23/track-field-peak-athletic-age/

Goodwin will be 29 next summer, which puts him at the tail end of average peak age for his events, so it's not enormously unlikely that he could qualify for the team. I hope he makes it. 

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Marquis Goodwin Wants to Compete in 2020 Olympics
1 hour ago, Chill said:

Glass Goodwin???

Thats a lofty goal for an average athlete. 

Ill predict he doesn’t make it. 

Best of luck to him and his endeavors. 

Average athlete?

he runs a 4.3 fourty and long Jumps like 20+ feet

hes a freak athlete 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chill said:

Glass Goodwin???

you mean average nfl player, dude is an exceptional athlete 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Chill said:

Glass Goodwin???

You may not like him but I think the word average is a bit much here 

52 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

His dream. However when he actually just focused on football in San Fran he turned himself into a pretty legit threat at WR. I think trying to qualify for Olympics is gonna set him back again. 

We will see. Part of that might’ve been having a qb and offensive scheme that worked.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He is a world class athlete and world class guy. I wish him nothing but the best in his quest.

No kidding! Who would want to trash the guys dream? Loved the pic of him in the snowstorm. This is obviously something important to him, and I wish him all the best. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Jesus thinks Goodwin used the Bills to fund his Olympic dreams.  Jesus thinks Goodwin didn't try/avoided injury whilst a Bill, so he could pursue his Olympic dreams.  Goodwin is a sinner.

If you know this because of a call or text to your cell, I will start being nicer to you. 

I need all the help I can get......