YoloinOhio

Raiders officially selected for Hard Knocks

50 minutes ago, GRHater69 said:

Gruden was reprimanding him for hitting too much while they were in shorts and he said “you can’t cut me”.

I think he was reacting to Gruden telling him that of he keeps hitting guys the offensive players would start cut-blocking him in retaliation. Rewound that little sequence to be sure. Made it through 45 minutes and gave up. Not very entertaining for me compared to several years ago. I feel the show has run its course and am also glad the Bills got overlooked. The only player I was remotely interested in was Ronald Ollie because I watched Last Chance U and then he gets cut right away for doing the same lazy crap he was doing in college.

I never thought of it in that context.  Thanks for giving me a different perspective.  He still seemed pretty disrespectful in general, but I am probably kind of old school in that regard.  Maybe he's not as much of a jackass as I first thought.

10 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I never thought of it in that context.  Thanks for giving me a different perspective.  He still seemed pretty disrespectful in general, but I am probably kind of old school in that regard.  Maybe he's not as much of a jackass as I first thought.

I just watched it and kinda liked him.  He's probably the friend we all had that you'd wish would shut up from time-to-time but you like him anyways.  He's a little brash but there's some anxiety there, too.   

• Like (+1) 1

Just watched it. Have to say, I really don't like that Raiders team. Bunch of show-boating dickheads. I hope they have a miserable season, especially AB

On 8/7/2019 at 3:42 AM, JerseyBills said:

The difference in locker room culture is astonishing to the Bills under McD.

Him and Beane are only a year ahead, gutted the team as well and it's just much more of an all about business mentality.

Which is a direct effect of  Beane and McDs calculated and detailed construction of this roster. Focusing alot on their mental makeup , something the Raiders def don't value as much just viewing some of the young guys

Great post. Totally agree. I was thinking the same thing. I actually found that episode quite boring because the players just came across like it was all a big joke. Too many egos. Guys like that are okay when they're winning, as soon as the losses mount up that's when the rot sets in. Gruden just seems like he wants to be one of the guys. He's won a SB so more power to him but I'd be shocked if these guys ended up being a powerhouse this season. And that lazy waste of space from last chance U. You get a once in a lifetime shot and just blow it, such a waste.

I much prefer the way the Bills run things. They have guys that like to have fun like Shady and Trey but they're not me first guys and actually act like pros for the most part. I really hope the Bills get to the playoffs this year because news of the culture is starting to spread around the league now and it'll attract more and more FAs with the right attitude to go to Buffalo. I'm actually shocked that Beane was ever interested in that egomaniac AB. The guy is a complete tool and doesn't even have any charisma to make him likeable

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/5/2019 at 6:19 PM, Bills2ref said:

I’m sure it’s somewhat of a distraction. I think the magnitude of be distraction is overblown. I would absolutely love to see the Bills selected for this show next year if they miss the playoffs this season (otherwise they wouldn’t be eligible). 

I can’t stand the show, I’d rather see it go away. 

2 minutes ago, Yav said:

But you felt the need to let us all know of your dislike.  

Thanks.

15 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

But you felt the need to let us all know of your dislike.  

Thanks.

Actually I was replying to Bills2Ref as we were having a polite discussion until you decided to come along.

Posted (edited)
On 8/7/2019 at 7:44 AM, GRHater69 said:

Made it through 45 minutes and gave up. Not very entertaining for me compared to several years ago. 

Same. Felt like a grind to get through it (which I did not do). Nothing authentic on display. Bunch of awkward ego-cases and not enough football.

Edited by Richard Noggin

53 minutes ago, Yav said:

I love it. Probably because I’m obsessed with football though. It helps get me through the pre-season and up to the regular season. In the regular season I get NFL Monday, Thursday and Sunday and college the other days. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

I love it. Probably because I’m obsessed with football though. It helps get me through the pre-season and up to the regular season. In the regular season I get NFL Monday, Thursday and Sunday and college the other days. 

I have a lot of friends that like it, I’m just not a fan of reality tv, and I feel like that show is somewhat forced. 

.....first episode....." bad feet and I ain't playin' without my helmet approved".....should be good stuff....

Posted (edited)

Is it any wonder with all the drama that surrounds the team because of one knuckle head talk about a soap opera !! 🙄 

The best thing that could come out of this soap is if before the season Gruen grew a set & told AB to pack his S**T & get gone !! 

Edited by T master

Posted (edited)

Now we have Mike Mayock installed as figurehead. If things go sideways in Raider Nation, it will be interesting to see how he rationalizes the mess.

Edited by Rocket94

Peterman could win this backup job. Glennon goes 17/25 for 200 yards but 2 INTS. Peterman 9/12 65 yards and a TD. Also rushed 3 times for 56 yards. Here’s to hoping. 

On 8/8/2019 at 8:07 PM, Yav said:

Funny thing about that: If you change the channel, almost like magic, it goes away!

On 8/11/2019 at 8:22 AM, Rocky Landing said:

Funny thing about that: If you change the channel, almost like magic, it goes away!

So, obviously I don't watch the show and again my comment was part of an ongoing conversation with someone else. 

Lets put it back into context, each year they seek a team out and each year some fans hope the Bills are that team, IMO it's a huge distraction and I'd rather the team and its coaches focus on what they are doing rather than trying to entertain for the sake of the show.

Now my comment that was taken out of context has now been returned. 

1 hour ago, Yav said:

So, obviously I don't watch the show and again my comment was part of an ongoing conversation with someone else. 

Lets put it back into context, each year they seek a team out and each year some fans hope the Bills are that team, IMO it's a huge distraction and I'd rather the team and its coaches focus on what they are doing rather than trying to entertain for the sake of the show.

Now my comment that was taken out of context has now been returned. 

Why do you hate America?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This IS the classic Raiders team. You aren't supposed to like them.

Loud, cocky, brash... ride into town and tear it apart type of group. That's why Raiders fans dress up like demons wearing spikes and scream obscene things at opposing teams and fans. 

Every non-Raider fan is supposed to hate them. That's the whole mystique. Gruden knows all about that, as does Davis, and they are trying to bring it back. It's the brand. 

Silver and black. Tough as nails. The whole deal. 

43 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

This IS the classic Raiders team. You aren't supposed to like them.

Loud, cocky, brash... ride into town and tear it apart type of group. That's why Raiders fans dress up like demons wearing spikes and scream obscene things at opposing teams and fans. 

Every non-Raider fan is supposed to hate them. That's the whole mystique. Gruden knows all about that, as does Davis, and they are trying to bring it back. It's the brand. 

Silver and black. Tough as nails. The whole deal. 

Once they finish their move to Vegas, they can include drunken, whoremongering, gambling addicts to that.

Tonight’s episode is very entertaining, esp Gruden. Except for the Peterman Bills clips :(

Tonight’s episode was like a Dark Knight-Child’s Play alternate universe where Chuckie takes a face full of acid and morphs into Mark Davis. 

• Haha (+1) 1