Raiders officially selected for Hard Knocks

2 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I’m sure it’s somewhat of a distraction. I think the magnitude of be distraction is overblown. I would absolutely love to see the Bills selected for this show next year if they miss the playoffs this season (otherwise they wouldn’t be eligible). 

I’d prefer the All or Nothing show on Amazon. Less intrusive and includes the entire season.

The difference in locker room culture is astonishing to the Bills under McD.

Him and Beane are only a year ahead, gutted the team as well and it's just much more of an all about business mentality.

Which is a direct effect of  Beane and McDs calculated and detailed construction of this roster. Focusing alot on their mental makeup , something the Raiders def don't value as much just viewing some of the young guys

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Him and Beane are only a year ahead, gutted the team as well and it's just much more of an all about business mentality.

Which is a direct effect of  Beane and McDs calculated and detailed construction of this roster. Focusing alot on their mental makeup , something the Raiders def don't value as much just viewing some of the young guys

And yet they're are some people here who want McDermott and Beane to fail. If they do it won't be for the culture they created. Good teams act more like the current Bills do, less like the Raiders.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Lamest opening episode of ‘Hard Knocks’ since the show first aired. 

Wondering where Mayock was. I imagine he wanted nothing to do with it. 

I only saw him once, when the camera scanned the room during a meeting 

Gruden was reprimanding him for hitting too much while they were in shorts and he said “you can’t cut me”.

I think he was reacting to Gruden telling him that of he keeps hitting guys the offensive players would start cut-blocking him in retaliation. Rewound that little sequence to be sure. Made it through 45 minutes and gave up. Not very entertaining for me compared to several years ago. I feel the show has run its course and am also glad the Bills got overlooked. The only player I was remotely interested in was Ronald Ollie because I watched Last Chance U and then he gets cut right away for doing the same lazy crap he was doing in college.

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, GRHater69 said:

Gruden was reprimanding him for hitting too much while they were in shorts and he said “you can’t cut me”.

I think he was reacting to Gruden telling him that of he keeps hitting guys the offensive players would start cut-blocking him in retaliation. Rewound that little sequence to be sure. Made it through 45 minutes and gave up. Not very entertaining for me compared to several years ago. I feel the show has run its course and am also glad the Bills got overlooked. The only player I was remotely interested in was Ronald Ollie because I watched Last Chance U and then he gets cut right away for doing the same lazy crap he was doing in college.

I never thought of it in that context.  Thanks for giving me a different perspective.  He still seemed pretty disrespectful in general, but I am probably kind of old school in that regard.  Maybe he's not as much of a jackass as I first thought.

10 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I never thought of it in that context.  Thanks for giving me a different perspective.  He still seemed pretty disrespectful in general, but I am probably kind of old school in that regard.  Maybe he's not as much of a jackass as I first thought.

I just watched it and kinda liked him.  He's probably the friend we all had that you'd wish would shut up from time-to-time but you like him anyways.  He's a little brash but there's some anxiety there, too.   

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/7/2019 at 3:42 AM, JerseyBills said:

Great post. Totally agree. I was thinking the same thing. I actually found that episode quite boring because the players just came across like it was all a big joke. Too many egos. Guys like that are okay when they're winning, as soon as the losses mount up that's when the rot sets in. Gruden just seems like he wants to be one of the guys. He's won a SB so more power to him but I'd be shocked if these guys ended up being a powerhouse this season. And that lazy waste of space from last chance U. You get a once in a lifetime shot and just blow it, such a waste.

I much prefer the way the Bills run things. They have guys that like to have fun like Shady and Trey but they're not me first guys and actually act like pros for the most part. I really hope the Bills get to the playoffs this year because news of the culture is starting to spread around the league now and it'll attract more and more FAs with the right attitude to go to Buffalo. I'm actually shocked that Beane was ever interested in that egomaniac AB. The guy is a complete tool and doesn't even have any charisma to make him likeable

• Like (+1) 1