Joe B: Ed Oliver looking the part

21 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I can see him having an immediate impact sorta like Tre White , where we see very early on that this kid can play at a high level. Him and Hughes could be the quickest DE/DT combination in the game

so here come the penalties ?
Hughes gets off so quick he has to be held at times.
Oliver is just going to run over and or around guards Center. and inside tackles.
They will have to call something !

but your point is valid.
because no tape. surprise surprise surprise .

meet Ed Oliver Mrs QB

Remember going into the 2018 college football season that Ed Oliver was considered the best player in college regardless of position.

Fast forward a year later and the Bills got the best player in college football with the 9th overall pick.

We shall see how it works out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/11/2019 at 7:46 PM, Bills Survivor said:

I think the fact that the first three reactions to your post were sadness, confusion, and skepticism should suggest you reevaluate your outlook.

I’m planning on giving him a laughing emoji or a beer emoji

Hope our revamped offensive line gives him a good challenge to practice against.

If he had joined the team last season, he'd probably think the NFL was going to be a breeze after lining up against our guys. Playing against experienced guys each day will really help him develop that much quicker.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/12/2019 at 7:22 AM, BillsFan17 said:

Literally the first and only time i have heard that Oliver needs to improve his hands.

Really? He gets stuck at times but he’s so young and he didn’t get great coaching. 

Hand work, having a pass rush plan and sometimes balance issues but he’s a near perfect prospect. Potential All Pro and DPOY if he puts it all together.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Kyle is an all-time favorite, but the Ed and Jerry show could be very special! Excited for this season. It will be bumpy at times (I expect the Cheaters* to just pound it at us), but they could also get after it! Let us not forget, we are not the only team to struggle against the Pats*, and the tide will turn soon. 

3 hours ago, Augie said:

Kyle is an all-time favorite, but the Ed and Jerry show could be very special! Excited for this season. It will be bumpy at times (I expect the Cheaters* to just pound it at us), but they could also get after it! Let us not forget, we are not the only team to struggle against the Pats*, and the tide will turn soon. 

I think they will run right at Oliver and test how he holds up

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

I’m sure they will, so it will be interesting to see how the rotation goes. A game of cat and mouse (but with giant cats and mice!). I’m hoping his quick penetration will create havoc when they go away from him, which is all the more reason to go right at him. 

12 hours ago, Augie said:

Especially if they get anything, ANYTHING!, out of Murphy on the left side. I'm hoping McD will scheme more pressure packages as well. 

9 hours ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

I think that's a good strategy as it has been for decades in the league and I'm sure we will see it early and as often as we can't hold up against it. 

12 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Especially if they get anything, ANYTHING!, out of Murphy on the left side. I'm hoping McD will scheme more pressure packages as well. 

I think that's a good strategy as it has been for decades in the league and I'm sure we will see it early and as often as we can't hold up against it. 

Don't forget Shaq.

• Like (+1) 1