Buffalo a travel destination !!!

ddaryl

Really enjoy seeing positive articles about Buffalo's revival. Coming back this weekend for a wedding at Hotel Henry. Always love gauging the progress of Buffalo every return trip

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tripideas/the-great-buffalo-revival/ar-AACxYOK?ocid=spartanntp

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2019 at 1:16 PM, ddaryl said:

Really enjoy seeing positive articles about Buffalo's revival. Coming back this weekend for a wedding at Hotel Henry. Always love gauging the progress of Buffalo every return trip

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tripideas/the-great-buffalo-revival/ar-AACxYOK?ocid=spartanntp

Old news for the locals.Medical research and banking (M&T)...we need more people here.

***** the weather...we got jobs.

My sister just got back from her HS reunion. Sent me photos all weekend, had a great time! Had beautiful weather for a day out on a boat, hit all the great restaurants. We all get back periodically and always enjoy the trips. 

Edited by Augie

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Will be there next month. Staying downtown. I’m going to starve myself until I go so I can eat everything I see. Ohio just doesn’t have the same foods. 

Don't forget...Taste of Buffalo is (13,14).

Enjoy and welcome back home..

On 6/11/2019 at 1:43 PM, row_33 said:

stuff all around Toronto for Buffalo tourism

Too bad it's not such a pain in the a*s to go to Canada.

We were there 2 weeks ago.  Crossed at Lewiston/Queenston.  Canada Customs had 2 lanes open, @10AM??  Looking in the mirror saw that the USA wait seemed as bad!

Came back 2-3 hours later.  Used the Rainbow Bridge.  No truck traffic.  US Customs had easily 8-10 inspection lanes open, piece of cake!  We intentionally stayed away from the Peace Bridge.

On 6/11/2019 at 1:16 PM, ddaryl said:

Really interested to get your take on the hotel. I have not stayed there yet, but have always wanted to

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Will be there next month. Staying downtown. I’m going to starve myself until I go so I can eat everything I see. Ohio just doesn’t have the same foods. 

This is exactly what I do. 

Then I go nuts with Gene McCarthy's, Schwabls, Gabriel's Gate, and perhaps somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

This is exactly what I do. 

Then I go nuts with Gene McCarthy's, Schwabls, Gabriel's Gate, and perhaps somewhere else.

Bucket list for the 5 days I’m there includes Thin Man Brewery (haven’t been there yet), Teds hot dogs, Charlie the butcher, Lanova pizza and wings on W. Ferry, brunch at

Toutant, Paula’s Donuts and Bar Bill. I’ll be rolling myself back to Ohio but YOLO amirite. Plenty of time to work out when I return.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bucket list for the 5 days I’m there includes Thin Man Brewery (haven’t been there yet), Teds hot dogs, Charlie the butcher, Lanova pizza and wings on W. Ferry, brunch at

Toutant, Paula’s Donuts and Bar Bill. I’ll be rolling myself back to Ohio but YOLO amirite. Plenty of time to work out when I return.

Charlie the Butcher over Schwabl's or Wiechecs????

C'mon now.

2 hours ago, CommonCents said:

We are staying near the mall, I was thinking wings wings wings, Dave and Busters, escape room, more wings. Am I missing anything? Someone wants to go the zoo, is that open in late September? 

The Buffalo zoo is awesome and should be open in late September

If you're near the mall you have 3-4 options for wings.... Duff's (dick road) Deniros Pizza (George urban), Johnnie's Pizza (union road) and Gandys pizza (Cleveland)

I would go Deniros , Duff's , Gandys then Johnnie's for wings

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Schwabls easily beats Charlie the butcher