Worst breakup you ever had

C.Biscuit97

Grow up!

(?Sorry, I had too!)

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Don't worry little buddy. There's always another supermodel out there waiting just for you.

:lol:

Oh, and edit:

At least you weren't married for 15 years and lost everything. There's that.

LoL... Look at it this way, you never had any dignity anyway. ? There, feel better?

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Grow up!

(?Sorry, I had too!)

LoL... Look at it this way, you never had any dignity anyway. ? There, feel better?

Ha! I'm well past that horrible stage in my life, thank heaven.

Still some fallout. But life doesn't look so dire any more.

• Like (+1) 1

Sorry for your rough times. Sometimes it sucks, but thing happen for a reason, and life unfolds as it’s mean to unfold. Mine wasn’t really even a break up. I was just out of school working at a bank and she was a couple years younger. We had only been together for months, not years, but it was different. I can’t explain it. Anyway, she was scheduled to spend a year in Spain. I knew I’d miss her, but I didn’t know how much. This is before cell phones and Face Time. Gone for a year with an unknown return date. 

I assumed she was having a great time and living her life, so I went about mine. It was hard, as it was rough to get her off my mind. During that year I met my wife. Luckiest thing that ever happened to me. Her father had cancer and we got married a little faster  than we might have (a little over a year from meeting) because we weren’t sure if he would last to walk her down the aisle. 

The week after I get engaged she returns from Spain and comes to the bank to see me.”My flight just landed and I came straight here.” THAT was an awkward moment! But it turned out to be the best for both of us. She still had to finish school and start her life. She became a sports producer for one of the major networks and met her wildly successful husband while working in Europe. (You might even recognize his name.) And I’ll have my 35th anniversary in February. (The only loser in this might be my wife, but she doesn’t seem to notice, so if you ever meet her, please don’t mention it!  ?)

Sometimes you wonder “what if” especially during dark times (and we’ve had some of that), but there is no question this is how it’s supposed to be and I am so thankful. 

Give it time....the right thing will happen.

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

One piece of advice: a rebound relationship is fine, but recognize it for what it is and keep it casual.

F@#^% that.  Hit the next one out of the park.  You need to show your ex that she f@!#$ed up and you were always ready to commit.  You need to show her that you've always been willing to sell that Call option on half your stuff; you've just been waiting to write it to the right girl.  

I would probably invest in some elastic waistband pants, some blackout curtains, and a 6 pack of Icehouse pounders. Single life is f@$#ing awesome!!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Yeah, no. Sorry for your pain, but just wait for the one you marry. That c*** will make this minor pain very forgettable.

I don't care to share my heartbreaking experience(s) nor the time to type them up with my thumbs, but I do promise that I have been as ***** over by a woman that I dedicated my soul to for many years as any man I ever met.

I recovered enough to become a man ***** for a few years, finally settled back down for a couple of years with the best lay in town....yeah that didn't end well either.

Now celibate for 3 1/2 years. My heart is withered and cold.

But hey, I got to raise two children on my own! ?

On the positive side: The Buffalo Bills ***** results are trivial.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Yeah, that's the way to get over a broken relationship: constantly do stuff to "show" her.

The most important thing he can do right now is not let that b#@$% win!  Even if it means making a slew of terrible decisions in the short run, she cannot be allowed to "win"!!

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

While I agree with your sentiment, let me add my own personal clarification.  Grow up to the point where you know how to behave in situations that might require you grow up(ie, financial, professional, emotional) but always have the heart of a child and have fun in life.  Don't have too many regrets no matter how insignificant something may seem in the grand scheme of things, if you geek out over it, geek out til you can't geek out no more.  Life is way too short to not have fun, but it's also long enough that you do need to adult a few times in your life

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

First, dont ever grow up..you will just get old. Ask one who has met me from this board, they  will attest i need to grow up too..and i just give em a big middle finger emoji!

2nd ...don't worry bout the family thing..plenty o time for that, trust me. 

3RD I"ve been dumped so many times in my past..they all kinda sucked. But looking back prolly all a blessing they dumped me..for both of us!

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Yeah, no. Sorry for your pain, but just wait for the one you marry. That c*** will make this minor pain very forgettable.

I don't care to share my heartbreaking experience(s) nor the time to type them up with my thumbs, but I do promise that I have been as ***** over by a woman that I dedicated my soul to for many years as any man I ever met.

I recovered enough to become a man ***** for a few years, finally settled back down for a couple of years with the best lay in town....yeah that didn't end well either.

Now celibate for 3 1/2 years. My heart is withered and cold.

But hey, I got to raise two children on my own! ?

On the positive side: The Buffalo Bills ***** results are trivial.

Dad, is that you???

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, KD in CA said:

So what took you five years to get rid of her??

Immediate relief:  get laid.  It works.

Long term relief:  every day gets a little better.

If course, if you really screwed up and shouldn't have let her get away.....go back and get her.   But you better be sure if you go that route.

If she didn't like the BILLS, who did she like?  That could answer the go back and get her part.

2 hours ago, mead107 said:

You could try  doing 4 hookers a day for a month. 

Might help you forget. Just kidding. 

You will  find the right one. 

Hooker??

Time won’t wait for yah, do what makes yah happy and leave the past where it is. Been through a few long relationships, don’t get yourself in a funk over it. Take it as a sign to focus on being yourself at your happiest and not conforming to anyone’s wishes. 

3 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Time won’t wait for yah, do what makes yah happy and leave the past where it is. Been through a few long relationships, don’t get yourself in a funk over it. Take it as a sign to focus on being yourself at your happiest and not conforming to anyone’s wishes. 

If a woman wants to change you...she's not for you.  It's a tough lesson to learn but it's very important.  Same thing goes the opposite direction.

• Like (+1) 8

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Sorry for your rough times. Sometimes it sucks, but thing happen for a reason, and life unfolds as it’s mean to unfold. Mine wasn’t really even a break up. I was just out of school working at a bank and she was a couple years younger. We had only been together for months, not years, but it was different. I can’t explain it. Anyway, she was scheduled to spend a year in Spain. I knew I’d miss her, but I didn’t know how much. This is before cell phones and Face Time. Gone for a year with an unknown return date. 

I assumed she was having a great time and living her life, so I went about mine. It was hard, as it was rough to get her off my mind. During that year I met my wife. Luckiest thing that ever happened to me. Her father had cancer and we got married a little faster  than we might have (a little over a year from meeting) because we weren’t sure if he would last to walk her down the aisle. 

The week after I get engaged she returns from Spain and comes to the bank to see me.”My flight just landed and I came straight here.” THAT was an awkward moment! But it turned out to be the best for both of us. She still had to finish school and start her life. She became a sports producer for one of the major networks and met her wildly successful husband while working in Europe. (You might even recognize his name.) And I’ll have my 35th anniversary in February. (The only loser in this might be my wife, but she doesn’t seem to notice, so if you ever meet her, please don’t mention it!  ?)

Sometimes you wonder “what if” especially during dark times (and we’ve had some of that), but there is no question this is how it’s supposed to be and I am so thankful. 

Give it time....the right thing will happen.

Let me make sure I have this straight, just in case... if I meet your wife I’m not supposed to tell her that you think she’s a loser? :huh:  :lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

If a woman wants to change you...she's not for you.  It's a tough lesson to learn but it's very important.  Same thing goes the opposite direction.

Agreed.

However, if she sets such a good example that you decide to improve yourself without her asking, then she's definitely the one.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, transient said:

Let me make sure I have this straight, just in case... if I meet your wife I’m not supposed to tell her that you think she’s a loser? :huh:  :lol:

We all need to lose once in life to know how it feels. I guess she has accepted that?

Its the rare TBD moments like these, where strangers set aside their past differences to post honestly and show their vulnerability, that truly remind us that a man's emotions are very ugly and weak.  Seriously, bottle that ***** up.  Eat it, choke it down, and stuff it way deep, deep down inside so no one can ever see it.    

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

He joined this website in 2004. He might be as old as you...and your old.

Maybe he's just technologically advanced.....I was curious about the growing up statement because it can mean several different things. Is it staying out and partying until 4am several days a week? Is it not being on a solid career path, or is it just a matter of different interests? Maybe he likes to play video games and she like to visit museums. Who knows? To your point though, after 5 plus years and not taking the next step, maybe subconsciously his heart wasn't in it.

• Like (+1) 1