Devil's Music

https://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils in America/devils_music.htm

I've been enjoying this website for years when I get bored, and it seems @Gugny just discovered it. This whole website is a gold mine. I consider myself a Christian, and a relatively devout one at that, but this site is absolutely insane. Enjoy!

30 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I've been enjoying this website for years when I get bored, and it seems @Gugny just discovered it. This whole website is a gold mine. I consider myself a Christian, and a relatively devout one at that, but this site is absolutely insane. Enjoy!

Same here. But love the band Ghost. They’re a satanic pop metal band from Sweden. Guessing they probably have a few appearances on that list! Lol

There's a documentary called "They Sold Their Soul's for Rock and Roll." I've watched it about five times. It's awful in its own fantastic way.

The problem with Christian music, is they try to be the "Christian version" of certain bands. There's one called X-Sinner, which is just a poor attempt at an AC/DC sound. It's one thing to be influenced by a band, another thing to just be a straight up poor imitate them, but with Christian lyrics.

The other problem is that the lyrics don't always need an altar call. You can write lyrics that have Christian values in them without specifically being about Jesus Christ in every single song. The worst part is, they try to balance it now a days and write vague creepy love songs that you can't tell if they're about God, or a boyfriend/girlfriend. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Didn't see the Isley Bros. on the list.  So we can still sing SHOUT!  Amen!

get the ball down to the 8 and settle for a FG, then we sing SHOUT!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 6/11/2019 at 1:06 PM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

The other problem is that the lyrics don't always need an altar call. You can write lyrics that have Christian values in them without specifically being about Jesus Christ in every single song. The worst part is, they try to balance it now a days and write vague creepy love songs that you can't tell if they're about God, or a boyfriend/girlfriend. 

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/154133/replace-darling-baby-with-jesus

On 6/11/2019 at 9:01 AM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Wow, this is pretty juicy stuff. I wonder how the Beach Boys got on the devil's music list...

On 6/11/2019 at 1:06 PM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

There's a documentary called "They Sold Their Soul's for Rock and Roll." I've watched it about five times. It's awful in its own fantastic way.

The problem with Christian music, is they try to be the "Christian version" of certain bands. There's one called X-Sinner, which is just a poor attempt at an AC/DC sound. It's one thing to be influenced by a band, another thing to just be a straight up poor imitate them, but with Christian lyrics.

Depends on what Christian bands youre listening to.  There are some truly great bands that have the Message but dont sound like a 3rd rate worship band.  Needtobreathe, Crowder, Hillsong, and Third Day to name a few.

I still like some secular music but realize more and more how dark and depressing some of it is.  

One of the areas where devout Christians have made strides in music (rather than simply "making rock and roll worse" as so eloquently stated by Hank Hill) is in the hardcore/metalcore/metal area.  See Demon Hunter, Zao, August Burns Red, Extol, among others.  I wouldn't be surprised, though, if some of these bands made the "devil's music" list on sound/imagery alone.