Bills could face Daniel Jones week 2

12 hours ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

How do you win the starting job without even putting pads on? Lmao... I swear the media be REACHING!

They may be reaching, but they didn’t say he won it. I think the story is more that he’s in the mix to win it with how he’s performed so far (looks good and looks better than Eli - low bar, I know)

previously, it appeared Eli was the unquestioned starter 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They may be reaching, but they didn’t say he won it. I think the story is more that he’s in the mix to win it with how he’s performed so far (looks good and looks better than Eli - low bar, I know)

previously, it appeared Eli was the unquestioned starter 

Yeah I got that part... yet the obvious remains. This shouldn't even be a conversation without pads even put on the players... This is even worse than Peterman being a Hall of Fame training camp player...

If the NYG end up starting Jones early-on in the season the entire season could go up in flames prematurely, though that may already be the inevitable result of Gettleman's moves both this year and last year. Passing on Darnold/Allen for Barkley was insane. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gettleman and Shurmer fired at the end of the season. Then the new GM can draft another QB for the Giants next year...

For once it looks like the Bills are gonna luck out in this madness known as the NFL Draft.

7 hours ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Yeah I got that part... yet the obvious remains. This shouldn't even be a conversation without pads even put on the players... This is even worse than Peterman being a Hall of Fame training camp player...

It goes back to the Shurmur comment which i think  was odd - that Jones is “on track to be able to play  week 1” - what does that even mean in June? Isn’t everyone on track for that unless they have a serious injury?

Edited by YoloinOhio

23 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

The Giants should start Jones.  I wish the Bills named Allen the starter at the start of training camp.  Why tread water when you can give your franchise QB valuable experience and reps in practice?  

The Bills didn't have Eli Manning on the roster....

• 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Anybody seen Giants game?

From statline it seems that he had another solid game. I know it will probably doesn't mean that he will start against us already but who knows.

I am rooting for the kid since he got so much hate during draft.

No joke, people forget these are kids with (shocking) human feelings!

On 6/11/2019 at 3:47 PM, Nick the Greek said:

I know Eli has 2 rings and is a Giants legend. But you are gonna let a guy keep starting well after he’s a good player? He’s been terrible for the Giants for basically the past 3 seasons, yet he’s still the starter based on his Super bowls. 

I wouldnt be surprised to see him finally lose his starting job. 

He gets extra credit for the opponent in those glorious SBs.

I will forever be thankful. He stays as looooooong as he'd like.

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

Anybody seen Giants game?

From statline it seems that he had another solid game. I know it will probably doesn't mean that he will start against us already but who knows.

I am rooting for the kid since he got so much hate during draft.

Same (except for week 2)

I actually think Daniel Jones will be a decent starting caliber QB. With that said, I don’t think there is any chance on God’s green earth that he can overcome that poor Giants roster and pull an upset over the Bills. Daniel Jones though has impressed me this preseason, I think I was wrong when I said he’d suck. He’ll be decent.

Just now, Sunshower said:

I actually think Daniel Jones will be a decent starting caliber QB. With that said, I don’t think there is any chance on God’s green earth that he can overcome that poor Giants roster and pull an upset over the Bills. Daniel Jones though has impressed me this preseason, I think I was wrong when I said he’d suck. He’ll be decent.

As someone who watched zero Duke football, I didn’t credibly pretend to know how good he would be but I thought taking him at 6 was a stretch based on everything I had seen/heard/read. I wouldn’t have really blinked at a 2nd rd draft slot. But he’s looked pretty good for a rookie this preseason. Even though it’s just preseason, other rookies have not looked as good. 

On 6/11/2019 at 11:37 AM, YoloinOhio said:

i still think it’s way too early but that’s a heck of a statement for the HC to make considering Gettleman thought he might sit 3 years 

I suspect they'll be conservative the first few weeks of the year and stick with Eli while they feel out how bad they're going to be this year.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What happened to the preseason not meaning anything, or does that only apply to Josh Allen?

Ha.  I agree, the Giants are going to start the season with Eli.  I think the only way the Bills face Jones in W2 is if Eli gets hurt.

On 6/11/2019 at 11:37 AM, YoloinOhio said:

He’s reportedly outplayed Eli thus far (from media observations). Pat Shurmer threw this out there today:

i still think it’s way too early but that’s a heck of a statement for the HC to make considering Gettleman thought he might sit 3 years 

I think Eli will "win the job", but damn, he will be constantly looking over his shoulder.  1 bad quarter might be enough to get him replaced.

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

As someone who watched zero Duke football, I didn’t credibly pretend to know how good he would be but I thought taking him at 6 was a stretch based on everything I had seen/heard/read. I wouldn’t have really blinked at a 2nd rd draft slot. But he’s looked pretty good for a rookie this preseason. Even though it’s just preseason, other rookies have not looked as good. 

I do light scouting every draft, just enough to have a solid opinion. I don’t go deep into it like some do but just enough to get a feel for the players. Daniel Jones is better than I expected, I think most people can agree on that now, right? He’s better than he was advertised, not such a crazy pick now. I think I got it wrong with him.