Bills could face Daniel Jones week 2

4 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

I know Eli has 2 rings and is a Giants legend. But you are gonna let a guy keep starting well after he’s a good player? He’s been terrible for the Giants for basically the past 3 seasons, yet he’s still the starter based on his Super bowls. 

I wouldnt be surprised to see him finally lose his starting job. 

Me either, but not by week 2.

• Like (+1) 1

Other than Mahomes, who was sitting behind a highly effective Alex Smith at the time, its pretty rare a rookie sits the entire season. Especially if the NY media starts laying it on thick if Manning flops early.

That being said, idc who the QB is... quads is going to be an effin task all day long.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But if you force Jones out there too earlier, with a fan base that already hates the pick, it could be a disaster.

crazy thing is I think the Giants are going to be better than people think.

Considering that many think Giants will be competing with Washington for #1 pick that is not too hard.

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s reportedly outplayed Eli thus far (from media observations). Pat Shurmer threw this out there today:

i still think it’s way too early but that’s a heck of a statement for the HC to make considering Gettleman thought he might sit 3 years 

...MORE appropriately, Daniel Jones could face the Bills in week 2.....Mr. Edmunds in in charge of the "welcoming committee"...............

9 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Don't underestimate the power of a GM's ego. Gettleman may pressure Shurmur into trying to prove him right. Not saying it makes any football sense at all 

gettleman wants him to sit for 3 years

1 hour ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Don't underestimate the power of a GM's ego. Gettleman may pressure Shurmur into trying to prove him right. Not saying it makes any football sense at all 

Gentleman is the one who has been drafting as though he is going all in on Manning these past 2 years.

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Gentleman is the one who has been drafting as though he is going all in on Manning these past 2 years.

Yep. Imo, Giants should have gotten one of the 2018 QBs. But this early chatter out of their camp regarding Jones is mildly amusing.  

Seriously people? This is typical player and coach speak. Every backup always says the goal is to be as ready as if they were starting, and every coach says every backup needs to prepare as if they were starting. 

Talk about making mountains from molehills. 

16 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

This is the least interesting game on the schedule.

Yes but it makes for some interesting trivia: Has any team ever opened a season playing two consecutive ROAD games in the same stadium?

Will the Bills just leave their equipment in the visiting locker room throughout the week?