Bills could face Daniel Jones week 2

He’s reportedly outplayed Eli thus far (from media observations). Pat Shurmer threw this out there today:

i still think it’s way too early but that’s a heck of a statement for the HC to make considering Gettleman thought he might sit 3 years 

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Eli sucks but I think I’d rather face a rookie in his 2nd game (especially this one). 

True, but if Eli starts our DBs wouldn’t have to ever run more than 20 yards downfield. They’d be rested up for week 3. 

• Haha (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Sounds like he’s opening the door for a Qb competition - as well he should.  if he doesn’t play the best QB it’s negligent. The problem is he could win the job Nate Peterman style, where he appears to be the best in the preseason but isn’t ready for the real thing. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sounds like he’s opening the door for a Qb competition - as well he should.  if he doesn’t play the best QB it’s negligent. The problem is he could win the job Nate Peterman style, where he appears to be the best in the preseason but isn’t ready for the real thing. 

But if you force Jones out there too earlier, with a fan base that already hates the pick, it could be a disaster.

crazy thing is I think the Giants are going to be better than people think.

50 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The problem is he could win the job Nate Peterman style, where he appears to be the best in the preseason but isn’t ready for the real thing. 

That's not a problem when Peterman isn't on your team........it's a guaranteed win.

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Or Eli is so bad in preseason & camp he retires rather than going out & embarrassing himself anymore.  

Yeah, maybe after throwing for 4300 yards and 21 TDs and 66%, he's suddenly forgotten how to play pro football and the kid with the mediocre record/stats from the basketball school will be ready week 1 after Manning calls it quits.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah, maybe after throwing for 4300 yards and 21 TDs and 66%, he's suddenly forgotten how to play pro football and the kid with the mediocre record/stats from the basketball school will be ready week 1 after Manning calls it quits.

Thanks for giving me more evidence how useless QB stats can be.  Bottom line: 5-11 often times looking totally lost with the game on the line.  As I often say to the stat boys.  If stats told the story instead of coaches & players spending hours watching film, they'd just hand out a piece of paper at team meetings, go over the stats & never watch a minute of videos. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Albany,n.y. said:

Thanks for giving me more evidence how useless QB stats can be.  Bottom line: 5-11 often times looking totally lost with the game on the line.  As I often say to the stat boys.  If stats told the story instead of coaches & players spending hours watching film, they'd just hand out a piece of paper at team meetings, go over the stats & never watch a minute of videos. 

Go look at D Jones's "bottom line" at Duke.  Two Toilet Bowl appearances in 4 years.

Unless Manning is out with injury, he's the starter. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wow never would have imagined those were his stats last year.

The only way the Bills face Jones in week two is if Eli is hurt.  The New York news media has continued to throw Eli under the bus. They have unjustified expectations for the Giants and are looking for any glimpse of hope (Jones) to make a fast turnaround.  I'm not an Eli Manning fan but to ignore how bad their o-line has been for the last four years is disingenuous.  Even when they had a decent record, there were holes in the offensive side of their team and Eli was under significant pressure most of the time.  I expect them to be bad again and I expect the New York sportswriters to be apoplectic over it.  Long time Bills fans know what a bad team looks like and the Giants have that look. 

I know Eli has 2 rings and is a Giants legend. But you are gonna let a guy keep starting well after he’s a good player? He’s been terrible for the Giants for basically the past 3 seasons, yet he’s still the starter based on his Super bowls. 

I wouldnt be surprised to see him finally lose his starting job.