The Gay Panic Defense In New York

5 hours ago, Gary M said:

Big deal. A couple of my brothers likely did worse than that while you were typing that.

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Oh no! Those people at the border are not threats to our security. We should increase legal immigration, it will make us stronger. 

Immigrants are good for the country 

We are supposed to take this at face value.  Like it's a matter of fact. Prove it! You can't. 

When all this horseshite started in the 60s,  , something this important, the citizens were never asked to vote on it. Not in Canada or the US. I imagine, since this is a global initiative to weaken the west, is was never approved in Europe either. Cause they knew it would never have been rubber stamped. 

5 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

What does this even mean?

Basically if you’re out, and get picked up by a tranny who deceives you, and engage in sexual activity prior to realizing its a tranny, you can’t beat the tranny?

two words: Adams apple.

11 hours ago, Tiberius said:

First order of business for government is to ensure the citizens are safe 

Is there a documented case in which a person was beaten  and the perpetrator was acquitted because he said "I found out that dude was gay, I freaked and beat him"?  Or is this ridiculous pandering by Cuomo.  

WWOSS?

Edited by 4merper4mer

11 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Oh no! Those people at the border are not threats to our security. We should increase legal immigration, it will make us stronger. 

Immigrants are good for the country 

Ehh, perhaps our country should be good for her citizens. 

19 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Will the "Pats* Fan Panic Defense" in WNY be affected by this as well?

Yes, of course. From now on any Bills fan that throws a giant ***** on the field when the Pats* “O” is on the field will be taken to midfield, stripped naked, and deflowered with self-same  thrown *****. 

9 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Is there a documented case in which a person was beaten  and the perpetrator was acquitted because he said "I found out that dude was gay, I freaked and beat him"?  Or is this ridiculous pandering by Cuomo.  

WWOSS?

Well, I looked it up, and on wikipedia they go into it a bit with examples: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_panic_defense#United_States

8 hours ago, Paulus said:

Ehh, perhaps our country should be good for her citizens. 

We need more citizens, 7 million unfilled jobs in the country now 

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Well, I looked it up, and on wikipedia they go into it a bit with examples: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_panic_defense#United_States

What's amazing (not really) that you don't see the disconnect between most of those jobs and the unskilled hordes of people illegally invading our country.

20 hours ago, Tiberius said:

This chart only shows convictions.  Not crimes committed.

I would imagine that many illegals are deported when caught, rather than put through trial and then convicted.

There are multiple studies that show illegals commit way more crimes (per capita) than native-born citizens.

Regardless.  Let's look at another part of your chart.

The lowest group on the entire list is LEGAL immigrants.

LEGAL immigration is a good thing.  Nobody disputes that.  And if you actually listened to the President speak, you would understand that he believes that too.

Instead, the national media loves to take his comments out of context, so they can make people believe he is against all immigration.  In reality, he is just against ILLEGALS.

Most Trump supporters are in favor of increasing legal immigration.... AFTER we find a way to control the flood of illegals at the border.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Sure.  But just allowing an unskilled person who can't speak English to sneak across the border is not going to help fill this kind of job.

I'm sure there are plenty of foreigners who would be valuable additions to the American workforce.

But we can't let them in, because our resources are tapped trying to stop the horde of illegals flooding across our borders.

The main groups being hurt by illegal immigration are legal immigrants and poor American citizens.

It's common sense.  And both political parties should be on the same side with this issue.

But liberals get a lot of mileage out of using the immigration issue to smear conservatives and call them racist.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Sure.  But just allowing an unskilled person who can't speak English to sneak across the border is not going to help fill this kind of job.

I'm sure there are plenty of foreigners who would be valuable additions to the American workforce.

But we can't let them in, because our resources are tapped trying to stop the horde of illegals flooding across our borders.

The main groups being hurt by illegal immigration are legal immigrants and poor American citizens.

It's common sense.  And both political parties should be on the same side with this issue.

But liberals get a lot of mileage out of using the immigration issue to smear conservatives and call them racist.

The libs are all about keeping "issues" alive rather than solving problems.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Naw, we can easily handle way more immigrants and they will make us stronger. These aging baby boomers are leaving work force and we need to make the population younger. And if we get way more diversified because of that, well, that's just a nice bonus. 

23 hours ago, Tiberius said:

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/NY-Gov-Cuomo-Eliminate-Gay-Panic-Defense-510730061.html

• A bill to end the so-called 'gay panic defense' is one of Cuomo's top priorities before the Legislature adjourns June 19, he says

• Under current law, defendants can attempt to excuse violent attacks by arguing they were under extreme emotional distress

• The law would ensure people who attack or kill a gay person can't beat the charge by arguing they panicked because of the victim's sexuality

Uhh....doesn’t the law allow citizens the right to argue any point they want?  Isn’t that the whole premise of holding the right to defend oneself in a court of law?

Big surprise a simpleton like you would get sucked into such nonsense.

18 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The libs are all about keeping "issues" alive rather than solving problems.

+1,000,000

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

Uhh....doesn’t the law allow citizens the right to argue any point they want?  Isn’t that the whole premise of holding the right to defend oneself in a court of law?

Big surprise a simpleton like you would get sucked into such nonsense.

No, you are the simpleton. You are a complete idiot, been proved time and again on here. Just go back under your rock, good bye ?️

54 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Naw, we can easily handle way more immigrants and they will make us stronger. These aging baby boomers are leaving work force and we need to make the population younger. And if we get way more diversified because of that, well, that's just a nice bonus. 

We can handle more immigrants.

We cannot handle more illegal immigrants.

The millions of job openings are mostly for skilled workers, technicians, manufacturers, computer coders, etc.

If someone coming from Mexico can speak/write English, and has the skills to handle such a position, then fantastic.  They can get in line for a work permit, wait their turn, and maybe even become a U.S. citizen when the time comes.  I'm all for it. 

But when you fail to address illegal immigration, you are opening the door to millions of unskilled workers who drag wages down for low-income American citizens and drain public resources (such as public schools) without contributing tax revenue.  If born here, their children are also eligible for government benefits.  Not to mention, drug smugglers, human traffickers and terrorists have an easier path into our country, when we aren't double-checking who is coming in the door.