The savior of the blues

Buffalo716

We'll be seeing Joe Bonamassa in Christchurch in a couple weeks, which I'm really looking forward to.

Good concerts are far and few down here, so thought I'd take the chance on going to this one.  To be honest, I don't know much at all of his music, but some friends have shared some really impressive concert videos of his.

Has anyone here seen him before?

1 minute ago, Bad Things said:

We'll be seeing Joe Bonamassa in Christchurch in a couple weeks, which I'm really looking forward to.

Good concerts are far and few down here, so thought I'd take the chance on going to this one.  To be honest, I don't know much at all of his music, but some friends have shared some really impressive concert videos of his.

Yea I have known him my whole life

he is one of the best guitarists in the world... top notch, you won’t be disappointed 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Holy ***^ what a show!

Shook the young mans hand and got a picture and signed CD after the show

this kid has the chops!

Glad you liked him. I emailed the local mid-size club that does Blues shows about Kingfish. Turns out he's routing through New England in early September, opening on the Vampire Weekend tour. But he is doing one-off club dates too, and he's got an opening that would line up with this clubs schedule. Booking guy responded that he never heard of him but would check it out further. Crossing fingers playing Yenta.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Bad Things said:

He played at Shea's a few months back.  I couldn't make it, but I managed to encourage a few of the youngsters in our office to go--they were absolutely blown away.

He is easily one of the best guitarists I've ever heard.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/10/2019 at 11:58 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Tomorrow night at the famed Tralf Music Hall in downtown buffalo , 20 year old blues prodigy Kingfish Ingram will be performing

Rolling stones has called him the savior of the blues and a mix between B.B. king , Hendrix and Prince 

its his first tour and some tickets may still be available. THIS is the show to go to in Buffalo

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/christone-kingfish-ingram-future-blues-747484/

Phew! I was worried this was going to be another ROR thread. 

6 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

He played at Shea's a few months back.  I couldn't make it, but I managed to encourage a few of the youngsters in our office to go--they were absolutely blown away.

He is easily one of the best guitarists I've ever heard.

19 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea I have known him my whole life

he is one of the best guitarists in the world... top notch, you won’t be disappointed 

Yeah, the more I learn about the guy, the more impressed I am.

The concert footage that I’ve watched is simply first rate. 

The funny thing is that his stage persona (sharp suit, sunglasses) and his “every day” persona couldn’t be more different.  He comes across as a totally down to earth, average (nerdy) guy.

Plus, he’s from upstate NY, which is pretty darn cool.

(You think he could bring me a box of Zweigle’s/Labatt’s when he comes down here?)

6 hours ago, Bad Things said:

Yeah, the more I learn about the guy, the more impressed I am.

The concert footage that I’ve watched is simply first rate. 

The funny thing is that his stage persona (sharp suit, sunglasses) and his “every day” persona couldn’t be more different.  He comes across as a totally down to earth, average (nerdy) guy.

Plus, he’s from upstate NY, which is pretty darn cool.

(You think he could bring me a box of Zweigle’s/Labatt’s when he comes down here?)

Hahahah yea he is a top notch performer 

he  has had a good amount of #1 albums on the blues charts. 

Unlike most blues musicians he doesn’t base his style on the American blues of B.B. king and Howlin wolf and muddy waters etc

he is very British blues influenced ... Eric Clapton, cream , jethro Tull 

but his skills are top notch

• Like (+1) 1