The savior of the blues

Buffalo716

Tomorrow night at the famed Tralf Music Hall in downtown buffalo , 20 year old blues prodigy Kingfish Ingram will be performing

Rolling stones has called him the savior of the blues and a mix between B.B. king , Hendrix and Prince 

its his first tour and some tickets may still be available. THIS is the show to go to in Buffalo

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/christone-kingfish-ingram-future-blues-747484/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Tomorrow night at the famed Tralf Music Hall in downtown buffalo , 20 year old blues prodigy Kingfish Ingram will be performing

Rolling stones has called him the savior of the blues and a mix between B.B. king , Hendrix and Prince 

its his first tour and some tickets may still be available. THIS is the show to go to in Buffalo

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/christone-kingfish-ingram-future-blues-747484/

20 years old... DAMN! Talk about an old soul. Thanks for sharing. I'll have to look out for him when he inevitably finds his way to NOLA.

12 minutes ago, transient said:

20 years old... DAMN! Talk about an old soul. Thanks for sharing. I'll have to look out for him when he inevitably finds his way to NOLA.

He will definitely be there sooner than later 

old soul indeed ... also about 350 pounds!

ive been looking forward to this for 6 months!

Rolling Stone is a mere shadow of what it once was.

John Mayall.

Prince I find hard to mix into the blues. Fleetwood Mac would have been a better option to compare newer blues. The old blues I don't think many are doing anymore... hard to replicate that sound and feeling.

5 minutes ago, T&C said:

John Mayall.

Prince I find hard to mix into the blues. Fleetwood Mac would have been a better option to compare newer blues. The old blues I don't think many are doing anymore... hard to replicate that sound and feeling.

With due respect,T/C...for you to bring some of those talents seems a bit odd if you didn't mention John Lee Hooker ...

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

With due respect,T/C...for you to bring some of those talents seems a bit odd if you didn't mention John Lee Hooker ...

I know, but you can't mention everyone I guess. Hooker in a way is the last of the old blues guard imo. 

Savoy Brown.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, T&C said:

John Mayall.

I go out and listen to live blues 2-3 times a week

there are tons of guys who play the  Howlin wolf and B.B. king and John lee hooker sound

old blues is thriving in Buffalo and he reservations 

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I go out and listen to live blues 2-3 times a week

there are tons of guys who play the  Howlin wolf and B.B. king and John lee hooker sound

old blues is thriving in Buffalo and he reservations 

The old blues sound has been gone for decades... unless you're listening to 30's, 40's music from way back. What we hear now is watered down, basically "I'm trying to sound like those guys with an instrument made post 1980" or so. 

3 minutes ago, T&C said:

The old blues sound has been gone for decades... unless you're listening to 30's, 40's music from way back. What we hear now is watered down, basically "I'm trying to sound like those guys with an instrument made post 1980" or so. 

Hm. Not sure I agree.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

10 minutes ago, T&C said:

I don’t agree at all but that is your opinion 

There are hundreds of styles of different blues but the roots is still alive ... rare but still alive if you know where to look

17 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Hm. Not sure I agree.

There was no electricity involved with the original blues masters...

Oh I agree that the blues "type" of sound is still around but the original blues masters are long gone. I'll take what I can get nowadays... which is usually 60's and up on vinyl. Youtube has a lot of clips of the true blues men too.

ask @PromoTheRobot how he is....he either saw him a couple of weeks ago in Philly or decided to go back to his Air BnB instead, i can't remember what he did.  But the kid is the real deal

20 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Just now, The Poojer said:

ask @PromoTheRobot how he is....he either saw him a couple of weeks ago in Philly or decided to go back to his Air BnB instead, i can't remember what he did.  But the kid is the real deal

I am here rn . The Tralf is one of the best musician venues in the country 

like playing in your living room 

I get to see him at the end of july.  Really looking forward to it.  I've got his album and it's pretty smokin'

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I am here rn . The Tralf is one of the best musician venues in the country 

like playing in your living room 

3 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

I get to see him at the end of july.  Really looking forward to it.  I've got his album and it's pretty smokin'

I’m gonna get him to sign an album for me after the show

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Oh, I saw him play. Shook his hand after as well. Legit.

Why aren’t you at the Tralf?!

26 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I’m gonna get him to sign an album for me after the show

Why aren’t you at the Tralf?!

Because I live 500 miles from the Tralf. Not to mention nursing a knee replacement. He's coming through New England in September.