Is June the 2nd best multi-sports month?

wagon127

I feel everybody agree's October is the best. Baseball playoffs, the middle of football season, and the start of Hockey and Basketball. I think June is the 2nd best. The NBA and NHL finals. They never double-book games it seems. Basketball one night, and Hockey the next, all for a championship.

Edited by wagon127

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

Maybe you two have never met? You just might sway him? 

Old Madonna bleating out she's a virgin tops George Michael crushing "Don't Let the Sun Go Down"....

.....if that's the implication.

In order:

1. October -  Bills are still in it, World Series, beginning of NHL and NBA season, fall is in full bloom.

2. September - Opening day is finally here and the Bills are Super Bowl bound.

3. November - Bills are still technically in it, Sabres are still in it, Thanksgiving NFL games, college football rivalry weekend

4. January - NFL playoffs, College Football bowl games, Sabres are still technically in it, we see if our coach is fired or not.

5. April - NFL draft, NHL draft lottery hopes, Masters, NBA and NHL playoffs, Frozen Four, Final Four

6. December - Bills playing for pride/spoilers, Sabres still in it, NCAA football rivalry weekend and conference championship games, fantasy football playoffs.

7. June - NHL and NBA Finals (plus drafts and free agency), NHL free agency, US Open, Bills fans can't curb their enthusiasm, more talented MLB teams begin to separate

8. March - NFL free agency begins, March madness, MLB opening day, Sabres still within single digits of eighth playoff spot, 4380 NFL mock drafts, NFL combine

9. May - NHL playoff excitement, NBA playoff predictability, post draft hangover.

10. August - Quite the drop off for the last three.  MLB dog days of summer, pray Bills starters don't get injured in glorified overreaction scrimmages, opening weekend of college football I guess. 

11. July- Beginning of training camp I guess.  Catch a Bisons game maybe.

12.. February - Brutal.  Sick of snow and the cold.  The Sabres season slips away.  Have to watch the Pats in the Superbowl. Fricken Valentine's Day.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, wagon127 said:

I feel everybody agree's October is the best. Baseball playoffs, the middle of football season, and the start of Hockey and Basketball. I think June is the 2nd best. The NBA and NHL finals. They never double-book games it seems. Basketball one night, and Hockey the next, all for a championship.

Does anyone know when this started - both finals going on at the same time - basically on alternate nights?

I think it's great.  But, I don't remember it being that way until recently.  I think the NHL used to start a few weeks earlier?

4 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

It might be the worst is Bruins win and Warriors win.

Yup.

I put $100,000 on the Blues and Raptors ending with a combined 0-5 record to blow both series.  Gonna retire next week.