Toronto is an awful city

Ol Dirty B

19 hours ago, millbank said:

I said my piece . Best to keep in mind there are many wonderful cities and places to live and visit why spend on second on place and people you hate. 

Please don't let ignorant pricks (generally speaking, of course) grind your gears. 

11 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Only the corners? San Francisco is super jealous.

To be fair I think almost every big city smells awful at times of the day.

I love Manhattan and it can be horrid.

12 hours ago, K-9 said:

NBC isn’t a major network? 

I'm pretty sure no one else is bidding. ABC was done with it when the last lock out screwed all television partners over. 

It was only on something like score or the outdoors network for years. CBS and fox have shown no interest. If NBCSN didn't exist I don't think NBC would be interested.

Have you seen the skiing that NBC airs on some sundays? I'm sure that crap sport has a ton of interest also.

48 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

l'm pretty sure no one else is bidding. ABC was done with it when the last lock out screwed all television partners over. 

It was only on something like score or the outdoors network for years. CBS and fox have shown no interest. If NBCSN didn't exist I don't think NBC would be interested.

Have you seen the skiing that NBC airs on some sundays? I'm sure that crap sport has a ton of interest also.

Your equivocation that none of the major networks would invest in it notwithstanding, perhaps you should read the attached Forbes article on the subject. A short quote from the article:

In 2011, ABC/ESPN, Fox and Turner all made unsuccessful bids for the NHL package.

Fox did indeed show interest previously.

And you need to revisit your claim about ABC being done with it as well. NBC won the rights in 2011 for 10 years so ABC was in no position to be “done with it” when the last lockout occurred in 2012-2013. 

Not a a fan of skiing unless it’s during the Olympics. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bradadgate/2019/01/15/hockeys-big-pay-day-is-coming/#1b303fbe4e44

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Your equivocation that none of the major networks would invest in it notwithstanding, perhaps you should read the attached Forbes article on the subject. A short quote from the article:

Fox did indeed show interest previously.

And you need to revisit your claim about ABC being done with it as well. NBC won the rights in 2011 for 10 years so ABC was in no position to be “done with it” when the last lockout occurred in 2012-2013. 

Not a a fan of skiing unless it’s during the Olympics. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bradadgate/2019/01/15/hockeys-big-pay-day-is-coming/#1b303fbe4e44

Perhaps I'm wrong, but what do you think ABC's bid was? I wasn't even thinking 2012. They've been getting buried on ESPN since 05. That was the lockout I was referring to.

But whatever, you're right. Networks are clamoring to cover the crapley cup.

13 hours ago, Sweats said:

I lived in TO for years and it’s absolutely disgusting.....every street corner smells like poo

true story

When we visited Toronto three summers ago... We were shocked that Toronto was so dirty.  Much worse than Chicago.  Lots of garbage blowing around.  Maybe we just picked a bad day.  Did touristy things like CN Tower, etc...

It did smell like poo too.  Again, we were shocked.  Maybe it's the ravines.  Toronto is geographically San Francisco turned inside out.  Maybe that's the collecting points, the ravines.

5 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

When we visited Toronto three summers ago... We were shocked that Toronto was so dirty.  Much worse than Chicago.  Lots of garbage blowing around.  Maybe we just picked a bad day.  Did touristy things like CN Tower, etc...

It did smell like poo too.  Again, we were shocked.  Maybe it's the ravines.  Toronto is geographically San Francisco turned inside out.  Maybe that's the collecting points, the ravines.

The word on Toronto used to "it's so clean.  It's like a clean NYC"

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/11/2019 at 9:26 PM, millbank said:

You idiots sit in the bushes have found a negative to expound on . You are a disgrace 

speaks volumes the NBA thread has been crickets . Happy all of you 

Whoa whoa. I'm actually excited to come visit TO.

5 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

This thread is a real hoot. Good win Toronto. 

You mean injuring the guy you couldn't stop all night on a reckless block attempt that had no chance?

Go back to hockey you neanderthals.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

3 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

You mean injuring the guy you couldn't stop all night on a reckless block attempt that had no chance?

Go back to your hockey neanderthals.

I barely watch hockey. Gear it down hot rod. Dont pigeon hole me. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79

16 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Old dirty B....don't go back. I am sure 5 million people really don't give a damn. 

Lol did I ever say I'd go back? I wouldn't stop to piss in that city. I'll enjoy my trip to Malibu next month you mouth breather.

7 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Lol did I ever say I'd go back? I wouldn't stop to piss in that city. I'll enjoy my trip to Malibu next month you mouth breather.

Man someone is bitter. 

8 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

If you do stop to piss, make sure you pull up your skirt all the way so it doesn’t touch the seat. Oh, and don’t go on Monday, there is a big parade!