Toronto is an awful city

Ol Dirty B

keep in mind Raps just stole the ball and scored a basket which was part of the cheering .. I'm sure a few idiots were happy to see him hurt but not majority

10 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I expected this thread to be about homelessness and schizophrenia.   Instead, just a basketball game.   

Toronto's problems are way beyond cheering injuries.

lol what are you talking about? I live 30 min away from Toronto

32 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I expected this thread to be about homelessness and schizophrenia.   Instead, just a basketball game.   

Toronto's problems are way beyond cheering injuries.

the saddest beta cucks in my life are strutting around like they are playing the game

i know their type, they would have offered me a ******** after I scored 20 in high school and university games

i don't understand how putatively intelligent people lose it over this, this is no more reality than watching Game of Thrones or listening to the White Album.

Edited by row_33

34 minutes ago, CoachT said:

keep in mind Raps just stole the ball and scored a basket which was part of the cheering .. I'm sure a few idiots were happy to see him hurt but not majority

I am talking about the homeless rate in Toronto, on par with cities like Chicago.   

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I am talking about the homeless rate in Toronto, on par with cities like Chicago.   

The population for Chicago and Toronto itself might be comparable. But Toronto has a massive surrounding urban area (GTA) which might technically be different municipalities, but is basically the same city.  If you want to understand Torontos homeless situation you have to consider all of the GTA. We have our issues but it's nothing like what I'm reading about some American cities today.

2 hours ago, LewPort71 said:

I was at the home opener against Seattle in 2008  also and when the news of Brady's injury spread around the Ralph the reaction of the Bills fans was pure happiness.  

Haha, I remember that day.  I was in the bathroom at the Ralph when the news broke out about Brady.  The whole bathroom erupted like we won the super bowl.  As I recall, I was one of the guys leading the cheers.  

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, CoachT said:

The population for Chicago and Toronto itself might be comparable. But Toronto has a massive surrounding urban area (GTA) which might technically be different municipalities, but is basically the same city.  If you want to understand Torontos homeless situation you have to consider all of the GTA. We have our issues but it's nothing like what I'm reading about some American cities today.

I can’t speak to the homelessness issue, but Chicago’s total metro area population is about 50% larger than Toronto’s.  9.5M to about 6.2M. 

10 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I can’t speak to the homelessness issue, but Chicago’s total metro area population is about 50% larger than Toronto’s.  9.5M to about 6.2M. 

take a look at google earth .. GTA is insanely big and populated. There is a reason the widest and one of the busiest highways is here (401).

Maybe Bills fans should be offering to help Toronto fans with this?

So it's deplorable to cheer when another teams player is injured in the game, but it's ok to start chants and cheer when the player is not an opponent that day and is Brady

Beers should not be thrown into the field or playing surface after a bad call is made in a heated playoff game. Fans should only throw 'adult toys' on the field during regular season games after a regular play has completed

Fans of all teams have idiots who give the franchises 'black eyes' for a few days because of dumb things they do (usually after spending the entire game drinking). It gets even worse in the playoffs and championship. In GS one of their investors/owners shoved a Raptors player when he ended up falling into the crowd.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CoachT said:

At first I was inclined to think that but the cheering went on for far far to long to think that.  There was plenty of time for anyone with a functioning brain to process what had happened long before the cheering stopped. Even if you account for the slower Canadian processing there was still time.

I'm still surprised at the behavior of Raptors fans.  I have been to several major sporting events in Toronto over the years and I remember a mostly quiet and indifferent crowd.  I don't remember any such behavior when Fitzpatrick got his chest caved in by London Fletcher.  No one in Rogers Centre seemed happy when Stevie's hands broke and he put it on the ground against ATL.  In fact, throughout the entire Toronto series I don't recall any cheering at all.

16 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I'm still surprised at the behavior of Raptors fans.  I have been to several major sporting events in Toronto over the years and I remember a mostly quiet and indifferent crowd.  I don't remember any such behavior when Fitzpatrick got his chest caved in by London Fletcher.  No one in Rogers Centre seemed happy when Stevie's hands broke and he put it on the ground against ATL.  In fact, throughout the entire Toronto series I don't recall any cheering at all.

There wasn't a team from Toronto in those games. No one cared.

6 hours ago, meazza said:

Probably somewhere old and dirty.

Did you know Anthony Bourdain's favorite place to spend time in...was Montreal?He took some chefs under his wing up there and made them known to the world..

Seattle...took the shotgun ride in his mind.

10 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

I have no problem with it.  If i was in attendance for a potential Sabres cup clinching game, and a star player (who team x is having trouble performing without) goes down... my first reaction is cheering.  

Well your name shows you're a clown. 

Hockey fans are Neanderthals. 

I'll give you bonus points if you actually know the correct pronunciation of the word.

6 hours ago, row_33 said:

the saddest beta cucks in my life are strutting around like they are playing the game

i know their type, they would have offered me a ******** after I scored 20 in high school and university games

i don't understand how putatively intelligent people lose it over this, this is no more reality than watching Game of Thrones or listening to the White Album.

What the ***** is this gibberish? 

6 hours ago, CoachT said:

That wasn't what happened at all. Raptors fans are trying to pass that off as an excuse. They were cheering well after the whistle.

50 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Well your name shows you're a clown. 

Hockey fans are Neanderthals. 

I'll give you bonus points if you actually know the correct pronunciation of the word.

What the ***** is this gibberish? 

That wasn't what happened at all. Raptors fans are trying to pass that off as an excuse. They were cheering well after the whistle.

Interesting!