Toronto is an awful city

Ol Dirty B

Here's my take:  When Durant went down, many people in the crowd instinctively celebrated that, although it was something bad, something happened that was going to benefit the Raptors.

I noticed that the vast majority of the crowd tempered their emotions almost immediately; they also respectfully clapped for Durant as he was helped off the court.

Let's not sit here and say that last night's crowd in Toronto is comparable to any Philly crowd.  Not even close.

I really just think it happened very quickly, instincts took over and behavior was almost immediately corrected.

P.S. - Get over the Bills "almost going to Toronto."  Yesterday's news, which I'm personally tired of hearing about.  It's over.  Move on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I cannot believe how upset this is making you.

The crowd that was there was .00000001 percent of the city.  You don’t paint the entire city with the same paintbrush.

BTW...I was at the Bills/Cardinals game where Trent Edwards got knocked out.  The section I was in was making fun of Edwards for being lifeless on the ground.

They were yelling “is he dead??”; “where’s the sniper located??”; “someone get the chalk outline!” Etc...

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Guy tore his Achilles. The GM is in tears right now. 

But I'm the one off base here. All of you giving a pass on cheering an injury is ***** horrible.

Yea you were a 1000% wrong. The president of basketball operation is in tears talking about maybe a torn achilles.

Cheer on you trash bags in Toronto, and the defenders of that too.

I don’t see much of that. Cheering an injury is classless.  I just don’t get the thread title. You have a small subset of a huge city at the game in the first place and then an even smaller subset of the fans at the game who cheered. How, again, is Toronto an awful city?

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I love that city 

classless reaction by their fans but it doesn’t define the city. There are a lot of fan bases that have and would do the same. Just sports and alcohol and a championship on the line. i wouldn’t do it but I won’t let it change how I view Toronto. 

How would we react if it were Tom Brady?

40 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Basketball is a classless game.  Why do you think they call basketball players:

"Cagers"

It's part of the game, not an indictment of a city.  It ain't golf.

Sheesh...

What ^^     Take it easy with the 70’s references ???

And Toronto is awesome.     I hope Ol Dirty can rebound from this devastating event 

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Haha (+1) 2

Cheering an injury of an opposing player is wrong. Period. If anyone in this forum doesn’t understand that, they’re a clueless ass.

Toronto is one of the great cities of the world. Period. 

The two concepts are not mutually exclusive. 

Get off your high horse princess. He came back too early and now has to pay the price. Toronto is still a great city. Good luck to your warriors. 

48 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How would we react if it were Tom Brady?

I remember the Brady broke his leg chant and he wasn’t even playing in Buffalo at the time. 

8 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Yea you were a 1000% wrong. The president of basketball operation is in tears talking about maybe a torn achilles.

Cheer on you trash bags in Toronto, and the defenders of that too.

I am not a defender of what Toronto did.  I know how crowds work. You are living in a dream world where you really think Buffalo, and other cities, wouldn't have a few fans that in the heat of the moment, don't accidently cheer a superstar get injured in a major game.  Hopefully after sleeping you have cooled down a bit.

7 hours ago, bbb said:

I do remember being at the 2008 opener and word was getting around that Brady had blown out his ACL..............And, people would cheer when they heard it.  

Might be different if he was on the field. 

I was at the home opener against Seattle in 2008  also and when the news of Brady's injury spread around the Ralph the reaction of the Bills fans was pure happiness.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

I am not a defender of what Toronto did.  I know how crowds work. You are living in a dream world where you really think Buffalo, and other cities, wouldn't have a few fans that in the heat of the moment, don't accidently cheer a superstar get injured in a major game.  Hopefully after sleeping you have cooled down a bit.

Actual Bills and football fans are at the game.

52 minutes ago, LewPort71 said:

I was at the home opener against Seattle in 2008  also and when the news of Brady's injury spread around the Ralph the reaction of the Bills fans was pure happiness.  

Yep, that’s the game I mentioned earlier. In my section the chant was “Brady broke his leg! Brady broke his leg.” Not just a couple of people either. 

My takeaway from all of this is that Kyle Lowry is a pretty solid dude.  First, he handled himself extremely well after the shoving incident at GS.  Then, he implored the crowd last night not to cheer Durant's injury.

Just a good guy.

• Like (+1) 4