Toronto is an awful city

Ol Dirty B

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm not sure about you're love of a city that cheers players injuries and throws beer on the field when a call doesn't go there way

But to each their own I guess that's your thing.

Please name all  the cities you are a fan of that do NOT have some idiots present. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Please name all  the cities you are a fan of that do NOT have some idiots present. 

Name some cities that have cheered on injuries and have thrown beers all over the field in the middle of the game because they didn't like the correct call?

We can go back and forth with this crap all day.

Remember the guy who did not let his wife know he had $5-10k riding on a game and got a little emotional? Not sure why that comes to mind now.....    ?

Name some cities that have cheered on injuries and have thrown beers all over the field in the middle of the game because they didn't like the correct call?

We can go back and forth with this crap all day.

I didn’t see it, and I don’t approve of it. But I won’t condemn millions of people over anything that happened. 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Remember the guy who did not let his wife know he had $5-10k riding on a game and got a little emotional? Not sure why that comes to mind now.....    ?

I didn’t see it, and I don’t approve of it. But I won’t condemn millions of people over anything that happened. 

I didn't bet the game.

You seem to throw a lot of stones with that glass jaw. Between that and the therapy *****. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

I didn't bet the game.

You seem to cast a lot of stones with that glass jaw. Between that and the therapy *****. 

Oh Lordy, I’m kidding about most of this. I’m apparently in the lighter mood. I’m sorry for KD (or anyone) with an injury. I actually feel bad for anyone who cheered that. That’s a sad moment in their lives. But I won’t condemn an entire city of millions for what a few people out of 20k did. Forest. Trees. Perspective. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Oh Lordy, I’m kidding about most of this. I’m apparently in the lighter mood. I’m sorry for KD (or anyone) with an injury. I actually feel bad for anyone who cheered that. That’s a sad moment in their lives. But I won’t condemn an entire city of millions for what a few people out of 20k did. Forest. Trees. Perspective. 

Perhaps I didnt take it right. It bothered me watching that. I wish I put a ton of money on the warriors but I'm as lavar ball would say a small baller.

Perhaps I didnt take it right. It bothered me watching that. I wish I put a ton of money on the warriors but I'm as lavar ball would say a small baller.

May I just respectfully suggest taking a breath and relaxing. I totally get being upset by anyone being happy about an injury like that. That’s some awful behavior by a group of people. I won’t lose my $%&# over it. Disappointing, but not shocking. Great ending. This is the time of year I start watching NBA. Glad I’ll get a little more. 

BTW - nothing wrong with a little therapy sometimes. Maybe some people see that as more of a negative than I do. 

28 minutes ago, Augie said:

May I just respectfully suggest taking a breath and relaxing. I totally get being upset by anyone being happy about an injury like that. That’s some awful behavior by a group of people. I won’t lose my $%&# over it. Disappointing, but not shocking. Great ending. This is the time of year I start watching NBA. Glad I’ll get a little more. 

BTW - nothing wrong with a little therapy sometimes. Maybe some people see that as more of a negative than I do. 

Guy tore his Achilles. The GM is in tears right now. 

But I'm the one off base here. All of you giving a pass on cheering an injury is ***** horrible.

2 hours ago, wagon127 said:

The fans weren't cussing him out. Durant screamed an expletive at the fact he reinjured himself. And it wasnt a head or a back injury, it was a leg muscle injury that everybody knew he already had. Its a tough call, but i think every city would have a decent percentage of the fans in attendance cheer at that point.

Yea you were a 1000% wrong. The president of basketball operation is in tears talking about maybe a torn achilles.

Cheer on you trash bags in Toronto, and the defenders of that too.

4 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Guy tore his Achilles. The GM is in tears right now. 

But I'm the one off base here. All of you giving a pass on cheering an injury is ***** horrible.

Awful! I wish he had not played. He and the team made a decision. It turned out poorly. I’m sure there were  people in attendance who abhorred the cheers. Do you hate them too?  

Edited by Augie

4 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Did Toronto touch your balls when you didn’t want them to?  

Aren’t you supposed to use a doll for that? 

I’m more upset that they wouldn't when I wanted them to! 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2

If nothing else, those fans got their comeuppance. Their team’s last 3 minutes or so , certainly the last 00:15 were a complete brain fart. Had a great opportunity to close it out and now they’re  headed back to Oakland. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 hour ago, Ol Dirty B said:

You're 1000% wrong.

That is mathematically impossible.

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

If nothing else, those fans got their comeuppance. Their team’s last 3 minutes or so , certainly the last 0:15 were a complete brain fart. Had a great opportunity to close it out and now they’re  headed back to Oakland. 

I didn't understand the timeout by Toronto late at all. Nurse has done a good job, but coming off a stop and Kawhi was killing them. He should have let them play. 

But thankfully he bottled it.

Just now, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

That is mathematically impossible.

You're a 1000% wrong.

First of all. What do you expect. Canadians are bandwagon classless humans. Ever come to a Bills game against the Pats? I’d bet half my salary that 50% of Pats fans in our stadium are from Canada. They are only fans of the Pats because they are clueless bandwagon jumpers. 

Ive seen worse tho. I saw the Oakland Coliseum erupt in cheers as Ed McCaffery was concussed beyond recognition as the Broncos came to Oakland. 

Lets take this a other step tho.ayne we should start a new thread of players we would cheer if they every got hurt/injured/sustained life threatening injuries. I’ll start:

Brady

Gronk

Edelman

Rodgers

Kaepernick

Brown

theres many more but these are off the top of my head.  

3 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I've tried to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I've tried to give them a pass for Drake.

I've tried to give them a pass for trying to steal the Bills, because what city wouldn't want an NFL team in North America.

I've been there, and maybe that's why I never understood the nice Canadian stereotype. I've been to games at that arena when they weren't good with Bosh on the team. The fans weren't nice, likeable or knowledgeable.

They are a city of bandwagons. I just watched Durant reaggravate his injury in the NBA finals, he was risking an Achilles injury by playing. The crowd erupted at his injury, court side fans were waving goodbye to him.

As he was helped off the court they did the na, na, goodbye chant. And the audio was cut off from fans cussing him out near the tunnel.

I'm not a warriors or Durant fan at all. But what I saw is something that absolutely reflects on that city.

They're trash, they should be embarrassed.

Fans should never cheer when a player gets injured. Save your comments about Brady for someone else. I don't believe the stadium would ever erupt like what I just witnessed.

Embarrassing to humanity to be honest.

I do remember being at the 2008 opener and word was getting around that Brady had blown out his ACL..............And, people would cheer when they heard it.  

Might be different if he was on the field. 

I kinda agree...everyone knew the guy was carrying an injury, and he decided to risk his health and a ton of potential $$ for his team. Cheering him going down after knowing what he did, how he probably shouldn’t have been playing and rushed back to help his guys is pretty low if you ask me.

• Like (+1) 1