Toronto is an awful city

Ol Dirty B

I've tried to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I've tried to give them a pass for Drake.

I've tried to give them a pass for trying to steal the Bills, because what city wouldn't want an NFL team in North America.

I've been there, and maybe that's why I never understood the nice Canadian stereotype. I've been to games at that arena when they weren't good with Bosh on the team. The fans weren't nice, likeable or knowledgeable.

They are a city of bandwagons. I just watched Durant reaggravate his injury in the NBA finals, he was risking an Achilles injury by playing. The crowd erupted at his injury, court side fans were waving goodbye to him.

As he was helped off the court they did the na, na, goodbye chant. And the audio was cut off from fans cussing him out near the tunnel.

I'm not a warriors or Durant fan at all. But what I saw is something that absolutely reflects on that city.

They're trash, they should be embarrassed.

Fans should never cheer when a player gets injured. Save your comments about Brady for someone else. I don't believe the stadium would ever erupt like what I just witnessed.

Embarrassing to humanity to be honest.

• Haha (+1) 1

The fans weren't cussing him out. Durant screamed an expletive at the fact he reinjured himself. And it wasnt a head or a back injury, it was a leg muscle injury that everybody knew he already had. Its a tough call, but i think every city would have a decent percentage of the fans in attendance cheer at that point.

• Like (+1) 1

I love that city 

classless reaction by their fans but it doesn’t define the city. There are a lot of fan bases that have and would do the same. Just sports and alcohol and a championship on the line. i wouldn’t do it but I won’t let it change how I view Toronto. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

The fans weren't cussing him out. Durant screamed an expletive at the fact he reinjured himself. And it wasnt a head or a back injury, it was a leg muscle injury that everybody knew he already had. Its a tough call, but i think every city would have a decent percentage of the fans in attendance cheer at that point.

You're 1000% wrong. They were talking about him hurting his Achilles because of it which is a devastating injury. 

It's not football. Save the head or paralysis crap for something else. Because you won't have to be in a wheelchair for the rest of your life, or can remember loved ones names doesn't make it ok to cheer an injury.

And the cussing was coming from the fans. I'm sure Durant said something back too.

20,000 people just cheered him getting hurt and were chanting in celebration.

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I love that city 

classless reaction by their fans but it doesn’t define the city. There are a lot of fan bases that have and would do the same. Just sports and alcohol and a championship on the line. i wouldn’t do it but I won’t let it change how I view Toronto. 

Completely disagree. I've also never really cared for the city or the people I've met from there. 

I don't think you can cite many fanbases that would have done the same outside of Philadelphia, and LFC supporters.

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I love that city 

Durant was clearly playing on an unstable foundation and had an impact early.  If Toronto fans rejoice in an injury it's sad.  I've seen it happen elsewhere but if they were singing na na goodbye to an injured player that is looooooow.

I am surprised that a city full of geniuses wearing grammatically incorrect t-shirts could put two and two together enough to figure out that injuries to the other team increased their chances.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Durant was clearly playing on an unstable foundation and had an impact early.  If Toronto fans rejoice in an injury it's sad.  I've seen it happen elsewhere but if they were singing na na goodbye to an injured player that is looooooow.

I am surprised that a city full of geniuses wearing grammatically incorrect t-shirts could put two and two together enough to figure out that injuries to the other team increased their chances.

But they the north? Lame ass GOT rip off. Just like their idol, guy doesn't even write his own crap music.

And yes they were singing na na na goodbye as he was helped off by a trainer and Iguodala. 

13 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

You're 1000% wrong. They were talking about him hurting his Achilles because of it which is a devastating injury. 

It's not football. Save the head or paralysis crap for something else. Because you won't have to be in a wheelchair for the rest of your life, or can remember loved ones names doesn't make it ok to cheer an injury.

And the cussing was coming from the fans. I'm sure Durant said something back too.

20,000 people just cheered him getting hurt and were chanting in celebration.

No, im definitely more right then you gave me credit for. The "bleep" the network did, was about what Durant yelled at himself for getting injured. Hence the raw emotion they talked about during half time. And we dont know it was 20,000 fans entirely that cheered. But every fan base with so much on the line tonight would have a decent enough of a percentage that would have cheered. It doesnt make it right, but every crowd has a few inconsiderate people in it.

Edited by wagon127

2 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

They're all over Twitter giving themselves a pat on the back for only cheering for two seconds.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/06/kevin-durant-calf-injury-update-fans-cheer-video-reaction-raptors-warriors-game-5-nba-finals

An absolute disgrace.

On the behalf of a few knuckleheads. It’s NOT a reflection on the entire city of many millions. I’d hate to be judged by a handful of clowns at a Bills tailgate. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, wagon127 said:

No, im definitely more right then you gave me credit for. The "bleep" the network did, was about what Durant yelled at himself for getting injured. Hence the raw emotion they talked about during half time. And we dont know it was 20,000 fans entirely that cheered. But every fan base with so much on the line tonight would have a decent enough of a percentage that would have cheered. It doesnt make it right, but every crowd has a few inconsiderate people in it.

Perhaps you're right there. My issue was more with the suggestion that it wasn't a head or back injury. 

A potential Achilles injury is very serious. 

I guess I was raised different. You never cheer for a player being injured.

I guess that's ok to some. I'll still judge.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

On the behalf of a few knuckleheads. It’s NOT a reflection on the entire city of many millions. I’d hate to be judged by a handful of clowns at a Bills tailgate. 

This isn't about Bills fans. And the city is already judged by them. Has the crowd every cheered an injury and chanted na na na goodbye to a player?

I'm pretty critical of our fans.

I'm not sure why the Bills keep coming into this.

1 minute ago, mead107 said:

Brady gets knocked out I am jumping up and down 

yes yes yes

I'd assume you are from Toronto.

That's fun to say now, but if you cheer that you have no clout in hating on gronk for not showing remorse after cheap shotting Tre.

I wouldn't expect much better out of this fanbase though. It's also embarrassing.

3 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

They want to win.     KD Getting hurt helps that immensely 

Grab a tissue and move on.    

Im sure the Bills fans wouldn’t cheer if Leveon Bell or Tom Brady gets hurt ??

Toronto is trash. 

When did Canada ever really matter ?

They've been coat tailing off of England and the U.S.A. from its inception.

Their beer is now substandard. Americans, Euros and Russians hockey players are just as good now.

.....no offence.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

This isn't about Bills fans. And the city is already judged by them. Has the crowd every cheered an injury and chanted na na na goodbye to a player?

I'd assume you are from Toronto.

That's fun to say now, but if you cheer that you have no clout in hating on gronk for not showing remorse after cheap shotting Tre.

I wouldn't expect much better out of this fanbase though. It's also embarrassing.

Toronto is trash. 

Brady only one I would cheer  (cheater) for. Knocked out.  

Not from Toronto.  

Edited by mead107

2 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

It’s NOT about a city, it’s about a group of people. You will find idiots everywhere you go. That doesn’t make every city a terrible city. 

There is also a mob mentality that is a real thing. People can behave poorly in large agitated groups. Again, anywhere you go. I have never cheered for an injury, and I hope I never will. But I’m not cursing the city of millions in Toronto. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

When did Canada ever really matter ?

They've been coat tailing off of England and the U.S.A. from its inception.

Their beer is now substandard. Americans, Euros and Russians hockey players are just as good now.

They clearly have an inferiority complex.

Cant even win that dumb frozen water sport trophy no one watches.

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s NOT about a city, it’s about a group of people. You will find idiots everywhere you go. That doesn’t make every city a terrible city. 

There is also a mob mentality that is a real thing. People can behave poorly in large agitated groups. Again, anywhere you go. I have never cheered for an injury, and I hope I never will. But I’m not cursing the city of millions in Toronto. 

I've been to Toronto enough. It's trash.

They think they're NYC, London, Paris, Rome, Barcelona, Madrid, Berlin.

They're not. They're trash. This is totally unsurprising that Toronto fans would be the ones to do this.

Was it them vs the Rangers where they chucked beers all over the field in the dome?

I've been there dozens of times. 

It's a crap city with crap people.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

6 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

They clearly have an inferiority complex.

Cant even win that dumb frozen water sport trophy no one watches.

I've been to Toronto enough. It's trash.

They think they're NYC, London, Paris, Rome, Barcelona, Madrid, Berlin.

They're not. They're trash. This is totally unsurprising that Toronto fans would be the ones to do this.

Was it them vs the Rangers where they chucked beers all over the field in the dome?

I've been there dozens of times. 

It's a crap city with crap people.

Have you considered therapy for this?      ?

Look, there is ZERO excuse for what I understand happened. But it’s a handful of people who should feel guilt. I never got an “I’m better than you” vibe there. And if I did, I’d be disappointed but wouldn’t be venomous about it. 

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

Have you considered therapy for this?      ?

Look, there is ZERO excuse for what I understand happened. But it’s a handful of people who should feel guilt. I never got an “I’m better than you” vibe there. And if I did, I’d be disappointed but wouldn’t be venomous about it. 

I'm not sure about you're love of a city that cheers players injuries and throws beer on the field when a call doesn't go there way

But to each their own I guess that's your thing.