Amazon planning 25mill facility in Tonawanda, and possibly a Grand Island site

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

It's the end of shopping as we know it.

My wife ordered a new keyboard for my iPad last night. It was at my front door when I came home from lunch. Along with some shoes for her, and some other stuff. I did go to the mall today, to return some stuff that arrived at my door last week, but mostly to have lunch and go for walk since it was raining. 

Just now, BeginnersMind said:

I haven’t been to a mall in 20 years or so. Has anyone?

HA! See above! 

I saw people walking around, not a lot of serious shopping, it seemed. 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

HA! See above! 

I saw people walking around, not a lot of serious shopping, it seemed. 

My 17-year old daughter has never been to a mall. I don’t believe her friends have either. She barely goes shopping in a store for anything. Not clothes. Occasionally shoes I guess. 

I've reached a point where I've bought more things that I don't use than do use.

Wife wants to have a garage sale. I'd rather trip over it than sell it. 

Who doesn't need 8 flashlights, 7 radios and 200 AA batteries in a moments notice ?

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

I haven’t been to a mall in 20 years or so. Has anyone?

I do for shoes and clothes. The last several pair I purchased via the internet didn't fit right. Some things I prefer to try before I buy.

• Like (+1) 2

I’d prefer to retail shop. Specifically to try items on. To test items out. To just get a feel for how they are made. You cannot get that on a computer screen. 

I will say tho that I enjoy cheaper prices of found online and if I know what I’m getting I’ll pick it up from my couch. But for unknown or unseen items, I’d prefer to shop       

Edited by mrags
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I do for shoes and clothes. The last several pair I purchased via the internet didn't fit right. Some things I prefer to try before I buy.

There’s a Macy’s in the mall 2 miles from my house. Also several men’s clothing stores nearby. Sometimes that’s just the way to go, they measure for alterations, come back in a couple days. Done. 

There were plenty of teenagers walking the mall today. Beats video games on a rainy day. 

26 minutes ago, Augie said:

I did go to the mall today,  go for walk since it was raining. 

Oh my lord...this may be the scariest thing i have ever seen o TBD. Did you do your walk at at 3.30 so you could have the early bird special at the Applebees at 4:30 ? I do hope you have prepaid your final expenses, sounds like they coming quick! Pretty sure there is some infomercial for that as well

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Oh my lord...this may be the scariest thing i have ever seen o TBD. Did you do your walk at at 3.30 so you could have the early bird special at the Applebees at 4:30 ? I do hope you have prepaid your final expenses, sounds like they coming quick! Pretty sure there is some infomercial for that as well

Free samples in the food court, baby!!!  

They all seem to come on a toothpick, but you just keep making the rounds. They don’t seem to mind.....

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

My sister came to Florida to visit my parents. I dropped by to see them one afternoon. We didn’t have much time to visit as I arrived about 3:00pm. Turns out, they were going out to dinner with some of my parents friends and were heading to their house for a drink before the Early Bird Special dinner. They had to be be out of their place by 3:30pm to get all this done in time. She mouthed “HELP ME” as they were leaving!  Ahh, good times! 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Cheesecake Factory tho

I went to a little house warming affair at a friends last weekend. Great place, love what you’ve done...and so on. (Truth is, my wife and I talked him into it, and it’s friggin’ awesome and everybody loves it!)  I brought an appetizer. With so much still in boxes, we ordered on-line.....from Cheesecake Factory. With only one laptop, it took well over an hour for everybody to go through their 87 page menu and order. You don’t have to go TO the Cheesecake Factory, even. It just arrives at your door, like everything else! 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

It's the end of shopping as we know it.

10 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

It sounds silly to put anything like that on grand island

DR Evil (Bezos) got very rich by spending money silly!

I wonder which airport they will use.  Buffalo or Niagara Falls?

10 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

100% correct.  Unless it is a repeat purchase, you need to try them on.  All size 12 shoes do not fit the same.