NFL Cole Beasley feels like receivers are more important in Bills offense than they were with Cowboys

Out of everyone we brought in Beasley is my second favorite. Morse beat him out. These 2 will help JA the most. The communication between JA and Morse is paramount and if they get on the same page with Beasley it could be real damaging for opposing defenses. Beasley will be my first Jersey in 20 yrs

14 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

We ‘are gonna’ need a bigger boat... geez lo weez! Don’t ruin my childhood by misquoting Sheriff Brody while he’s passing out chum! For shame

I know...just kidding! I was there in the summer of 75! Geez lo weez...I haven't heard that in years! ?

Edited by Rocket94

1 hour ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

We ‘are gonna’ need a bigger boat... geez lo weez! Don’t ruin my childhood by misquoting Sheriff Brody while he’s passing out chum! For shame

It is "You are going to need a bigger boat."   You are "misremembering". 

This is an excellent interview and has our new receivers coach Chad Hall looking like a visionary of sorts for how he understands slot receivers need to be coached differently.  I'm excited that Beasley is all in Josh's ear, constantly, so that those two can be on the same page.

I understand all coaches and players act as though their new environment is going to be the best thing since sliced bread, but Beasley has an edge and is looking to stick it to Dallas and everyone else.  I like players with a big chip on their shoulder and we've got a number of them (including our QB).

Edited by eball

I hate hate hate the cowboys, but I do see quite a few games from them. Beasley could be an absolute monster, he’s 100% right and had every reason to be salty with Dallas. Dak is not a good quarterback and he never looked for Beasley who is literally uncoverable. Nobody can cover this guy. We don’t know if Allen is going to be good yet but I’m really hoping he develops something with Beasley because the guy could easily catch 100 balls if he’s targeted. He runs elite routes and is open every play

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I hate hate hate the cowboys, but I do see quite a few games from them. Beasley could be an absolute monster, he’s 100% right and had every reason to be salty with Dallas. Dak is not a good quarterback and he never looked for Beasley who is literally uncoverable. Nobody can cover this guy. We don’t know if Allen is going to be good yet but I’m really hoping he develops something with Beasley because the guy could easily catch 100 balls if he’s targeted. He runs elite routes and is open every play

Did you ever consider maybe the reason he’s always open has nothing to do with his route running but more to do with the fact CB’s played off him knowing Dak rarely looked for the slot receiver?  Not saying he won’t be a stud, but perhaps Cowboys’ opponents felt Beasley was not a threat in their offense....so they let him get open. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Did you ever consider maybe the reason he’s always open has nothing to do with his route running but more to do with the fact CB’s played off him knowing Dak rarely looked for the slot receiver?  Not saying he won’t be a stud, but perhaps Cowboys’ opponents felt Beasley was not a threat in their offense....so they let him get open. 

Completely possible. However looking over some of his routes the guys got moves. Similar to basketball with a great crossover Beasley seems to juke coverage out of their cleats 

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, HOUSE said:
“I feel I can do damage in a system like this,” Beasley said recently, per Tim Graham of The Athletic.

“A receiver in this offense is way more important than it was in my last offense. There’s a lot more variety in what I’m doing here.”

Quiite the interesting comment considering that over the past 7 seasons while Beasley was on the Cowboys their passing game ranked ahead of ours every season.  

Also interesting that Allen's use of the slot WR, Beasley's position, was hardly prolific, rather it was more problematic.  

And frankly, what is our system?  They're changing it this season, again, to suit Allen's deficiencies. 

Also interesting, I just looked, Beasley's most productive situations from an efficiency standpoint were on 2nd & 4-6, 3rd & 4-6, and 3rd & 7-9.  Those were Allen's three weakest.  30 of 69, (43.5%), 316 yards, (4.58 YPA), 1 TD, 10 sacks.  

Not sure it's wise to predicate statements like that on OTA work, but hey, we'll see.  Hopefully he's right and won't be disappointed.  

Edited by Ronin

10 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

If we’re judging Cole Beasley on his performance thus far, I’d give him an 8 for attitude and a 4 for effort riding the stationary bike.  

I think that it is natural for someone who understands the position as well as you do to be somewhat over critical of players at times.  I know that your Beasley proclamation that he will eclipse 1000 yards this coming season weighs heavy on you.  Let's hope that he gets and then stays healthy. 

• Thank you (+1) 1