NFL Cole Beasley feels like receivers are more important in Bills offense than they were with Cowboys

Image result for Cole beasley

The Bills are hoping that Beasley can play his usual role in the slot, and operate as a sort of safety blanket for Josh Allen. Allen is entering a pivotal second year, and a weapon like Beasley will be a major asset for him as he continues his development.

So far Beasley has been enjoying his time in Buffalo, and he’s feeling good entering 2019.

“I feel I can do damage in a system like this,” Beasley said recently, per Tim Graham of The Athletic.

“A receiver in this offense is way more important than it was in my last offense. There’s a lot more variety in what I’m doing here.”

Beasley didn’t end his Cowboys tenure on the best of terms, so it’s not exactly shocking to hear him say that. Beasley was frustrated with his role in Dallas, and felt unappreciated.

Beasley also stressed the importance of having a good slot receiver, and how they sometimes get overlooked.

“There’s a fraternity with us,” Beasley said. “We ride for each other in that sense. We want each other to do well to prove a point.”

https://clutchpoints.com/bills-news-cole-beasley-feels-like-receivers-are-more-important-in-buffalo-offense-than-they-were-with-cowboys/?fbclid=IwAR0KzYOK-4g2ZCWyjPNF00Q_30-YRnv97zTbMqqjzd1mrGLNTIKEC2vzUhQ

Edited by HOUSE

That's my guy. I fully expect him to be a major contributor and someone who can help mask our deficiencies at TE. He'll be Allen's best friend if JA can learn to take what the defense gives him.

21 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

He looks like he’s going to go back to his locker, take a swig of JD and fire up a Marlboro.

Again, that's my guy.

• Like (+1) 2

He’s starting to sound a bit whiny for my liking. I was thinking he might be a sort of Edelman type but he might not be scrappy enough to move the chains, get blown up by a lb, then belligerently extend theball to signify a first down. 

18 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

He's going for that Jesus look... 

On the other hand.. leadership. He knows how to bring out the fight in Zay

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

Cole Beasley the human being is completely different than the picture one would gather from casual observation. He's not for everyone. I happen to be a fan of a little "swag" as the kids would say.

I think a little personality is a good thing for the franchise.

You think Josh Allen doesn't have "swag?" He's got an overdose. Awe shucks with the media, but mucho bravado on the field.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1