Arthur Moats thanks Bills fans in retirement announcement

Arthur is a true gentleman and has been a great ambassador for both Buffalo and Pittsburgh. A quiet family man that worked his arse off for everything he earned. Always used his platform to help those less fortunate than himself.

I know that retirement is going to be bittersweet for him but I'm sure that Shonda and the kids are happy to have him around all the time. I wish him luck in whatever the future holds.

• Like (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

Arthur is a true gentleman and has been a great ambassador for both Buffalo and Pittsburgh. A quiet family man that worked his arse off for everything he earned. Always used his platform to help those less fortunate than himself.

I know that retirement is going to be bittersweet for him but I'm sure that Shonda and the kids are happy to have him around all the time. I wish him luck in whatever the future holds.

I came here to post something very similar.  Absolute first-class person that always had a smile on his face.

25 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I came here to post something very similar.  Absolute first-class person that always had a smile on his face.

He bullied me when I was younger so I have a different opinion on him than most.  Granted I should have stood up for myself since I was 16 when he was just 9 but still....very difficult time for me.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Haha (+1) 2

Small-school, late round draft pick; flipped a one-year deal, into a multi-million dollar contract playing for one of the historically great defenses, and made it out of the game healthy.

That's making the most out of a career. Happy retirement Arthur Moats!

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Category NFL Players.  Jeopardy answer:  Arthur Moats.  The question:  Who is the man that ended Brett Favre's career, Alex?  Farewell Arthur "DON'T CROSS THE" Moats.  All the best to you in retirement.  

Went to that game in Mpls with a Viking friend of mine.

It was all, "Lets go Buffalo..." and laughing as Tarvarus Jackson was warming up to replace grandpa Favre, then it was all Tarvarus long to whomever McKelvin was covering.

Also enough "Skoal Vikings...yada yada" sung to me to last a life time.

All good natured...the Viking fans in our section were in great spirits talking about adding McKelvin to their Christmas lists for all the pass interference and receptions he was gift-wrapping.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

Went to that game in Mpls with a Viking friend of mine.

It was all, "Lets go Buffalo..." and laughing as Tarvarus Jackson was warming up to replace grandpa Favre, then it was all Tarvarus long to whomever McKelvin was covering.

Also enough "Skoal Vikings...yada yada" sung to me to last a life time.

All in good natured...the Viking fans in our section were in a great spirits talking about adding McKelvin to their Christmas lists for all the pass interference and receptions he was gift-wrapping.

The forgotten footnote is that after Moats KO'd Favre, Tavares [sic] Jackson won the game looking like the second coming of Fran Tarkenton.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Sixth round pick.  Despite poor results front office was able to pick some good players.

Met him once. He was in a traffic jam driving from an event in DC area sponsored by Jimmy's and saw me in my hat at intersection.  Opened window, pointed to my hat (he already had been a Steelers for a few years) and gave me a salute wave.

Edited by Limeaid
  • Like (+1) 1

With the retirements of Kyle Williams, Lynch, Levitre, and now Moats, no Bills draft pick from before 2011 now still plays in the NFL. Also, Gilmore and Woods are probably the only former Bills draft picks whom we regret losing, but neither wanted to be here anyway so whatever.

1 hour ago, CoachT said:

I always liked Moats. Kind of like Lorax, could do many things well.

But I remember those sad sad days when he was our only hope in hell of getting a sack.

....great comparison.....:thumbsup:...two classy guys..........

5 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Category NFL Players.  Jeopardy answer:  Arthur Moats.  The question:  Who is the man that ended Brett Favre's career, Alex?  Farewell Arthur "DON'T CROSS THE" Moats.  All the best to you in retirement.  

Only Bills fans think this would be a real jeapardy question.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Has it REally been 9 years

Jesus I am getting old

i did not want to make mention. but yes you are.

we are aging as much as we might fight it

wishing you well Arthur. Good man on and off the field.