Buffalo Bills mandatory minicamp June 11-13.

20 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...this Neal kid could turn out to be yet another 5th round find.......struck gold with Meatball & Milano...and now perhaps Neal, our 5th in 2018 and possibly the Joseph kid, our 2019 5th....go figure...maybe just tune in for Draft Saturday only???........

What, no love for 5th-round Teller?

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...this Neal kid could turn out to be yet another 5th round find.......

I think there's more to the story of contributing late round picks than just picking the right players in the draft.  There are several components that I see supporting to better player development on the Bills roster...

1. Establishing a culture where every player is driven to improve.  It's not about where you start but where you finish, so late round picks and UDFA's can earn playing time by showing up every day and competing hard.
  2. Capable coaches providing tangible development plans, giving road maps for players to become better versions of themselves.
  3. Competition at every position, leading to a "no plays off" mentality.
  4. Drafting players based on character in addition to physical talents.  This doesn't mean we are drafting choir boys - it means we are drafting team-first, competitive-by-nature football players.  One of the characteristics that shows up in these players is the drive to get better.  

I think our future Bills teams will have more depth because of the developing players on the roster.  Not every late-round pick can become an NFL starter, but it feels like we are trending in the right direction.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

I think there's more to the story of contributing late round picks than just picking the right players in the draft.  There are several components that I see supporting to better player development on the Bills roster...

1. Establishing a culture where every player is driven to improve.  It's not about where you start but where you finish, so late round picks and UDFA's can earn playing time by showing up every day and competing hard.
  2. Capable coaches providing tangible development plans, giving road maps for players to become better versions of themselves.
  3. Competition at every position, leading to a "no plays off" mentality.
  4. Drafting players based on character in addition to physical talents.  This doesn't mean we are drafting choir boys - it means we are drafting team-first, competitive-by-nature football players.  One of the characteristics that shows up in these players is the drive to get better.  

I think our future Bills teams will have more depth because of the developing players on the roster.  Not every late-round pick can become an NFL starter, but it feels like we are trending in the right direction.

...agree....and our success rate of late ain't too bad, right?.......value in dem later hills.........

4 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

This Josh Allen roller coaster is making me sick.

Eh.   It's summer for a second year QB.  Who has about 9 new starters compared to last year.  While missing 3 of his top 4 WR.  Against a near complete returning defense which was highly rated last year.  Of course he'll struggle.    If he's sucking during preseason game 3, then worry will mean something.

4 hours ago, Forward Progress said:

This reasoned and patient perspective takes away the fun over reactions that make message boards so much fun this time of year.  Please refrain from this destructive behavior.  :P

I couldn't agree more! I just went on eBay and sold my Allen jersey!