Buffalo Bills mandatory minicamp June 11-13.

10 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I'd always get worried that I had heard it wrong. Paralyzing fear. 

You never wanted to be the schmuck that made other people run. 

I didnt worry about that , i was thinking about the play and then my assignment and then when the QB starts calling the play, i was like crap i forgot, so just watched the snap.

It's like meeting someone for the first time and you already forgot their name.

21 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The D should be above the O for the entire summer.  They are an established unit.

JA and the offense will struggle and I hope McDermott comes up with a plan to allow them to build some confidence.

It's almost a completely different offense compared to this time last year.

People need to watch and wait until at least the preseason to see what the O can do.

This reasoned and patient perspective takes away the fun over reactions that make message boards so much fun this time of year.  Please refrain from this destructive behavior.  :P

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The D should be above the O for the entire summer.  They are an established unit.

JA and the offense will struggle and I hope McDermott comes up with a plan to allow them to build some confidence.

It's almost a completely different offense compared to this time last year.

People need to watch and wait until at least the preseason to see what the O can do.

Yup.  Remember the reports out of KC last summer that Mahomes was throwing six picks in practice?

1 minute ago, eball said:

Yup.  Remember the reports out of KC last summer that Mahomes was throwing six picks in practice?

I mean if you're going to push your limits on what you can and can't do it's best to do it in practice than in a game.

38 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

This reasoned and patient perspective takes away the fun over reactions that make message boards so much fun this time of year.  Please refrain from this destructive behavior.  :P

Thanks for the advice.  I'll try to remember to light my hair on fire before any future posts!

33 minutes ago, eball said:

Thanks for that reminder.

I've noticed that a lot of fans have high expectations this year (much more than typical) and it seems to have brought out the

same fervor from others not so inclined.  I'm sure there is a Psych 101 paper in here somewhere.  LOL

Daboll, Josh and the O have about 3 month to put together and execute a game plan/play to beat the Jets in NJ.

I'm thinking that they have enough time and determination to do that.  Then rinse and repeat with the Giants.

Can't wait to see how those first 2 games turn out.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/11/2019 at 12:52 PM, whatdrought said:

I like this. 

There's definitely a balance between treating them like grown men, and treating them like kids, but mental mistakes are dumb and deserve a little bit of a "10 year olds can remember a snap count/watch the ball" punishment. 

Back in the day when I used to coach youth/AAU basketball I'd make the whole team drop and do pushups if someone missed an easy layup - and sometimes for other assorted offenses that were simply lack of focus/attention.  Would be interested in how hard the run is - if it's just a jog I don't think it has the same impact as a sprint that causes enough discomfort to really commit the cause to memory.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

...this Neal kid could turn out to be yet another 5th round find.......struck gold with Meatball & Milano...and now perhaps Neal, our 5th in 2018 and possibly the Joseph kid, our 2019 5th....go figure...maybe just tune in for Draft Saturday only???........

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...this Neal kid could turn out to be yet another 5th round find.......struck gold with Meatball & Milano...and now perhaps Neal, our 5th in 2018 and possibly the Joseph kid, our 2019 5th....go figure...maybe just tune in for Draft Saturday only???........

he's going to have to show much more than he did in 2018, and for the record, the one thing he did well in 2018 was blitz from the slot.

Just now, thebandit27 said:

he's going to have to show much more than he did in 2018, and for the record, the one thing he did well in 2018 was blitz from the slot.

...perfect time to work at it though.....don't recall him getting much attention in 2018 (probably wrong)....