Buffalo Bills mandatory minicamp June 11-13.

Bills' Mitch Morse: Full participant Tuesday

Rotowire  JUN 11, 2019

More (abdomen) was a full participant in mandatory minicamp Tuesday, Mike Rodak of ESPN.com reports.

Moore, who underwent core muscle surgery back in May, had been sidelined for most of OTAs before sporting a red non-contact jersey last week. Now, he will be a full go before the Bills get a month off prior to training camp.

Bills' Cole Beasley: Limited Tuesday

Rotowire  JUN 11, 2019

Beasley, who continues to recover from core abdominal surgery, is practicing on a limited basis Tuesday, Joe Buscaglia of WKBW.com reports.

Beasley was unable to practice during the last round of practices, so this is a positive development, as the plan all along has been for the team's free-agent acquisition to be full-go for training camp.

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

Who asked McDermott about Allen chugging a beer? That idiot needs to be banned from WNY.

Yeah, Sean was not amused. I have a feeling the reporter would have gotten a better reaction to that question if Rex was still here 

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah, Sean was not amused. I have a feeling the reporter would have gotten a better reaction to that question if Rex was still here 

I wonder about Mcd's reaction if JA chugged a glass of wine.  I mean, Jesus drank it.....

• Haha (+1) 1

So, they got the the 4 yard line and what? A bunch of incomplete passes and out? Tried to run it in a few times and out? The play by play on the 11-on-11 for today's practice was REALLY weak by all the news outlets. Were the throws by JA on target and give the receiver a chance to get some extra yards? Were they on the ground but the WR's made some good plays? I mean....seriously almost NO detail about the 11-on-11 segment....the only part i care about. Instead we get a bunch of "Josh Allen can throw to John Brown when not under pressure and not covered...." GRRRR.

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Love hearing about these short, quick completions. 

yeah but they need more detail. What were the other 2 throws? How "in-stride" were they? What was the end result of the 11-on-11? I'm pretty impressed about the lack of reporting for the first day of mini camp. They all tweeted out the injuries and a couple of JA open-air throws and then just disappeared. 

Nevermind:

How the drive ended

Quick question: how do i add twitter posts the way you guys do :P

Edited by Bills4Ever4Life

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

One thing that will never cease to impress me is how the ball just jumps out of Allen's hand.  I mean, my word.

It’s other worldly.

I thought I’d never see anything like Jimmy Harris in person ever again and then I was down on the field to actually hear the ball whistle out of Elway’s hand and Harris’s stature went down a notch in my mind. I haven’t been that close to an Allen display, but stuff I’ve heard from people that have say it whistles just like Elway when he lets it rip. And his release is quick on top of that. 

I think we might be witnessing a stronger arm than Elway. Never thought I’d say that. 

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

It’s other worldly.

I thought I’d never see anything like Jimmy Harris in person ever again and then I was down on the field to actually hear the ball whistle out of Elway’s hand and Harris’s stature went down a notch in my mind. I haven’t been that close to an Allen display, but stuff I’ve heard from people that have say it whistles just like Elway when he lets it rip. And his release is quick on top of that. 

I think we might be witnessing a stronger arm than Elway. Never thought I’d say that. 

It whistles for sure, but it also has that Byron Leftwich "hum" to it too...it's like a whistlehum. 

Is that a thing?

6 minutes ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

yeah but they need more detail. What were the other 2 throws? How "in-stride" were they? What was the end result of the 11-on-11? I'm pretty impressed about the lack of reporting for the first day of mini camp. They all tweeted out the injuries and a couple of JA open-air throws and then just disappeared. 

Nevermind:

How the drive ended

Quick question: how do i add twitter posts the way you guys do :P

Outs and slants are two routine throws that Allen needs to show a command of so I’m OK with the detail as described.

For now.

Just now, thebandit27 said:

It whistles for sure, but it also has that Byron Leftwich "hum" to it too...it's like a whistlehum. 

Is that a thing?

He might be hitting the preside harmonic to have it whistling Dixie before long. 

As long as he doesn’t ever use that Leftwich windmill of a windup, I’m ok his name being used.

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well...it probably had something to do with Zay Jones not knowing what a route was and Robert Foster only being able to run in a straight line.   

And don't get me started on Ballooning Benjamin...

16 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Well...it probably had something to do with Zay Jones not knowing what a route was and Robert Foster only being able to run in a straight line.   

And don't get me started on Ballooning Benjamin...

As I recall Zay had to tell KB where to line up

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

As I recall Zay had to tell KB where to line up

...LMAO...on the field or at the buffet table??..........

2 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Sills V good to go?!?!?!?!

...encouraging news about Murphy.....so far......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

M25HTCQEBBHTHCX7WYPGJCALOQ.jpg

5 takeaways from first day of Buffalo Bills minicamp

3. Offensive line shuffle continues

The Bills trotted out their fourth different variation of a first-team group at offensive line as the injuries continue to stifle new coach Bobby Johnson’s options. Morse was in at center and he was joined by Dion Dawkins (LT), Vlad Ducasse (LG), Wyatt Teller (RG) and rookie Cody Ford (RT).

De’Ondre Wesley subbed in for Ducasse, who swung to the right side, on a few occasions. Wesley was with the Bills for a few stretches last season but played exclusively at tackle. His 6-foot-6, 331-pound frame on the interior of the line stands out.

Spencer Long, who is expected to be a starter at one of the guard spots, took all the reps at backup center. Ty Nsekhe took part in warm up drills but sat out team drills as he continues to rehab an injury.

Ducasse struggled last season but it’s not a stretch to think he could insert his name in the competition during training camp with a few solid practices. He’s a guy that’s liked in the locker room and he showed he can play well with better players around him in 2017 before Richie Incognito and Eric Wood retired.

Ford continues to get all the first team reps with Nsekhe out, which is an important part of his development.

Bills coach Sean McDermott said it’s on the players who are missing time to get themselves up to speed.

“Well you want to try and capture as much as you can. We talk a lot about how (a player) might not be able to practice but what is he able to do, with respect to walk throughs and during practice,” McDermott said.

“We try to capture as much as we can and then really the ownership is on the player to bring himself up to speed and keep in tune with what we are doing mentally. We try and check for understanding as much as we can in that area.”