Sign in to follow this  
Tipster19

I’m proud of our Bills.

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

Well, it is the offseason, after all.

I'd like to see that index. 

Too big to post here in its entirety (I indexed every QB who ever started a game for the Bills across 24 different metrics)

I wanted to look at pure effectiveness and efficiency, so I looked at game by game effectiveness, not overall production. So someone who started one game could potentially outscore someone who started for 10 years (in fact we see with with Matt Barkley, who scores high in the index). The exceptions to this is I scored playoff appearances, championships, pro bowl selections, times all-pro/all-afl, etc. I also included comebacks and game winning drives. So those aren't just game by game efficiency metrics, but I thought they were indicators of successful QBing and should be included. I also included playoff games and playoff stats for these QB's.

Top 10 QB's in the index:

image.png.a223c487037d110fe3c87d504bded35c.png

(Blue indicates a playoff starting QB. Red indicates current QB's on the team today)

Kemp got major points from having 6 all-star appearances, 2 championships (I counted these the same as an AFC championship game), being 3 time All-AFL, and 1 time AFL MVP. He's a highly decorated QB.

Bottom 10:

image.png.80d46e303d5a711d2ecae07478267d54.png

(Nathan Peterman was not much higher than these. His saving grace was getting a single win, even though he didn't technically finish that game)

Josh Allen ranked 17th, just after Trent Edwards and Rob Johnson. Ryan Fitzpatrick is 12th. His case is interesting because he had decent numbers but horrible W/L numbers. EJ Manuel is at 23rd, just after JP Losman.

Considering eras these guys played in, I consider Brian Brohm to be the worst QB to ever start a game for the Bills.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

How fully baked was the OP Sunday night?

Wow....

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, MJS said:

Too big to post here in its entirety (I indexed every QB who ever started a game for the Bills across 24 different metrics)

I wanted to look at pure effectiveness and efficiency, so I looked at game by game effectiveness, not overall production. So someone who started one game could potentially outscore someone who started for 10 years (in fact we see with with Matt Barkley, who scores high in the index). The exceptions to this is I scored playoff appearances, championships, pro bowl selections, times all-pro/all-afl, etc. I also included comebacks and game winning drives. So those aren't just game by game efficiency metrics, but I thought they were indicators of successful QBing and should be included. I also included playoff games and playoff stats for these QB's.

Top 10 QB's in the index:

image.png.a223c487037d110fe3c87d504bded35c.png

(Blue indicates a playoff starting QB. Red indicates current QB's on the team today)

Kemp got major points from having 6 all-star appearances, 2 championships (I counted these the same as an AFC championship game), being 3 time All-AFL, and 1 time AFL MVP. He's a highly decorated QB.

Bottom 10:

image.png.80d46e303d5a711d2ecae07478267d54.png

(Nathan Peterman was not much higher than these. His saving grace was getting a single win, even though he didn't technically finish that game)

Josh Allen ranked 17th, just after Trent Edwards and Rob Johnson. Ryan Fitzpatrick is 12th. His case is interesting because he had decent numbers but horrible W/L numbers. EJ Manuel is at 23rd, just after JP Losman.

Considering eras these guys played in, I consider Brian Brohm to be the worst QB to ever start a game for the Bills.

Interesting stuff! Thanks!