I’m proud of our Bills.

Of course winning is big and right or wrong that’s how they are going to be judged because that’s the nature of the beast.

Looking past that though I see something  different about them. When I pulled up a link from the Bills’ app I noticed something collectively about them. Every one of them are wearing some of the best smiles. 

There’s something to be said about this culture thing. These guys are out there in the community doing positive things. I know that our teams in the past and other teams’ do as well but our guys appear to be genuinely having a blast. The children looked thrilled as well. Players impacting young lives and making fantastic memories for these kids, honing their imaginations, reinforcing great self esteem in themselves. Yeah, I’m proud of them.

Results are never fast enough but I do believe that the Bills are doing it the right way and hopefully in the very near future (1 or 2 seasons) they will be very competitive year after year, sustaining all the teaching and training that has poured into them these last few years.

I think that I see in a change in them and I just wanted to recognize it/them. Kudos to Beane and McDermott for all the invested time that they spent in trying to make a difference in a franchise, team, players, fans and in general the whole community. We’re fortunate to have them. I think that the Bills have finally got it right. ?????

Check out how the players and children interacted. Looks like that they all had a great time.

Bills Mobile: Bills Play 60 Field Day at Hillview Elementary

https://www.buffalobills.com/photos/bills-play-60-field-day-at-hillview-elementary

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

I don't know that proud is a descriptor I'd use.   I like the emphasis on culture, as I don't know of any successful organizations that do so without a good one.  I also like that the HC andGM are in synch. Will that translate to success?  Time will tell.

• Like (+1) 1

I've noticed the positivity on this board has increased dramatically since the Nathan Peterman home debacle against the Bears.  We've gone from fire them all to they should get two more years regardless in the span of six months.

36 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

There’s a different feel to this team from the past generation of going nowhere squads that is evident and palpable imho, in a good way. :thumbsup:

Mcbeane lands a franchise QB after searching for almost 2 decades.  Its a guy like Josh Allen who is already doing things as a rookie that makes you feel proud (both on and off the field).  Yes Tipster, I'm feeling it. The team being built around him. The Coaching. The process.

It does have a different feel... 

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I've noticed the positivity on this board has increased dramatically since the Nathan Peterman home debacle against the Bears.  We've gone from fire them all to they should get two more years regardless in the span of six months.

Just wait till Josh throws a pick in the first preseason game. It'll be back to doom and gloom.

• Haha (+1) 1

Josh Allen is the singular reason why we are currently feeling optimistic about the Bills. I can recall a variety of similar feel-good stories and general positivity with each previous regime post-Levy that the football media fed us. But none of that mattered because Todd Collins sucked, Rob Johnson sucked, Doug Flutie sucked, Drew Bledsoe sucked, JP Losman sucked, Trent Edwards sucked, Ryan Fitzpatrick sucked, EJ Manuel sucked, and Tyrod Taylor sucked. But Josh Allen feels different from all of the aforementioned. He has an impressive collection of QB skills and attributes (physical but also mental) that none of those guys ever had. And at the moment, he DOES NOT YET DEFINITIVELY SUCK.

11 minutes ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

Josh Allen is the singular reason why we are currently feeling optimistic about the Bills. I can recall a variety of similar feel-good stories and general positivity with each previous regime post-Levy that the football media fed us. But none of that mattered because Todd Collins sucked, Rob Johnson sucked, Doug Flutie sucked, Drew Bledsoe sucked, JP Losman sucked, Trent Edwards sucked, Ryan Fitzpatrick sucked, EJ Manuel sucked, and Tyrod Taylor sucked. But Josh Allen feels different from all of the aforementioned. He has an impressive collection of QB skills and attributes (physical but also mental) that none of those guys ever had. And at the moment, he DOES NOT YET DEFINITIVELY SUCK.

Flutie sucked?

1998: 7-3

1999: 10-5

2000: 4-1

All 3 seasons he won at least twice as many games as he lost and was a pro bowler on top of the last QB to lead us to a playoff appearance before the drought. 

He sucked tho according to you....smh

And don't give the defense all the credit for his win/loss record. We had many great defensive years during the drought. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

I don't agree with this, entirely. but I do believe there is a certain truth, here. I honestly can't remember when the fanbase has been this united behind their QB. That really is a remarkable thing. But, I do also believe there is more to it, and I suspect that is has a lot to do with the culture that has developed in Buffalo. 

Certainly, McD/Beane has a lot to do with this. But, I also feel like it is a culmination of past players, as well. Kyle Williams, for example, had an enormous impact on the tenor of the locker room. So does Lorenzo Alexander. That McD/Beane have held onto people that we, as fans who are not entirely privy to the inner-workings of the locker room, under-appreciate is a testament to the value they place on this element of team culture. Patrick DiMarco comes to mind. He has often been heralded as a positive locker room presence, and we wonder why they have held onto him.

I don't think it would be inaccurate to say that Josh Allen has benefitted from the positive, admirable culture that has/is being built in Buffalo, as much as he has contributed to it. And, yeah, I'm proud of them, too.

Edited by Rocky Landing

2 hours ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

Josh Allen is the singular reason why we are currently feeling optimistic about the Bills. I can recall a variety of similar feel-good stories and general positivity with each previous regime post-Levy that the football media fed us.

It's definitely the primary reason.  We could have Matt Millen as our GM and Rich Kotite as our coach and we'd still be optimistic as long as we believed we found our franchise QB.  However, the strong play of our defense and the feeling that we have a coach/GM that know what the hell they are doing also adds to the optimism.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Thank you for keeping us grounded in reality. I was expecting Chief Wiggum to start singing ‘Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows’ any second now.

I prefer "Jammin!" Wiggum can belt them out!

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

But Josh Allen feels different from all of the aforementioned. He has an impressive collection of QB skills and attributes (physical but also mental) that none of those guys ever had. And at the moment, he DOES NOT YET DEFINITIVELY SUCK.

I agree with you, he does not yet definitively suck. That's all we need, something to grasp and give hope.

5 hours ago, StHustle said:

Flutie sucked?

Yes and he was a cancer on the team. Not a process guy & not a guy with the physical attributes to make it through an entire NFL season.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I agree with you, he does not yet definitively suck. That's all we need, something to grasp and give hope.

Yes and he was a cancer on the team. Not a process guy & not a guy with the physical attributes to make it through an entire NFL season.

Agreed. Flutie sucked. Granted, he was a ‘try hard, never quit’ guy who garnered the admiration of every under sized, under skilled underdog, but for the most part we won despite him. For all the meddling Ralph was infamous for, I agreed with demanding Rob Johnson start. It’s been a point of contention in my household since (Son was a ‘Flutie guy’) and it doesn’t help my cause that Johnson was a dud. But we had Super Bowl talent all over those teams, sans QB, and we had to try something other than the freak to capitalize on it. $25M & a 1st Rd pick to Jacksonville sealed our fate.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1