Greggo's "Pressure Packages" Playbook with the 2003 Bills

That's very interesting.  As someone who's never played anything more than backyard football, I never realized how much is accounted for with each defensive play.  Reading those responsibilities and alignments for each play really helps 

I also have newfound appreciation for the notion of overly complicated defensive playbooks and how some players have a hard time digesting theses plays.  It's like a different language.  My first reaction after looking at the page count was that this was "fairly small, can't be much here."  

After reading just the first couple pages though, it's jam-packed with information.   

Can anyone explain what is happening on page 3 for example?  Is "Under Sam Dog" a defensive concept?  Are the subsections titled "White" "Twin" and "Ace" just examples of the concept as it is applied to different offensive formations?

2 hours ago, Capco said:

That's very interesting.  As someone who's never played anything more than backyard football, I never realized how much is accounted for with each defensive play.  Reading those responsibilities and alignments for each play really helps 

I also have newfound appreciation for the notion of overly complicated defensive playbooks and how some players have a hard time digesting theses plays.  It's like a different language.  My first reaction after looking at the page count was that this was "fairly small, can't be much here."  

After reading just the first couple pages though, it's jam-packed with information.   

Can anyone explain what is happening on page 3 for example?  Is "Under Sam Dog" a defensive concept?  Are the subsections titled "White" "Twin" and "Ace" just examples of the concept as it is applied to different offensive formations?

Under is the front alignment of the defensive line and Sam Dog means the SAM linebacker is blitzing on the play.

Yes, that is correct...each play CHANGES based on the offensive formation...your keys, responsibility, etc...which is why its not just learning the play, its learning what you have to do against every offensive formation as well on each play

Edited by matter2003
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Interesting for those who like learning the nuances of defense...here are the Bills 2003 Pressure Packages

https://www.footballxos.com/download/2003-buffalo-bills-regular-pressure-package-pdf/?wpdmdl=4541&refresh=5cfd56dbc59281560106715

This is interesting stuff.  How did this website find this material?

2 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Makes my brain hurt!!! Could not imagine being a rookie having to learn the playbook.

That play call is in there somewhere. There is an envelope full of money that mysteriously appears afterwards.