Official 1991 Bills Offensive Playbook...the K Gun offense unveiled

For anyone who wants to take a deeper look into the actual playbook used by the 1991 Bills and the K-Gun offense...its fairly long...457 pages, but it's chocked full of information...

Anyone who wants to learn the deeper nuances of football will be fascinated by the stuff in this...

https://www.footballxos.com/download/1991-buffalo-bills-offense-marv-levy-pdf/?wpdmdl=4187&refresh=5cfd4db74dc9d1560104375

In addition, there are quite a few other playbooks on both offense and defense on the site---NFL, College ,etc:

https://www.footballxos.com/free-football-playbooks/

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

This is top secret and should not be exposed to social media

shhh... I heard the Allies will be landing on the beaches of Normandy on June 5th... unless the weather doesn’t cooperate, in which case it might be the following morning 

8 hours ago, matter2003 said:

For anyone who wants to take a deeper look into the actual playbook used by the 1991 Bills and the K-Gun offense...its fairly long...457 pages, but it's chocked full of information...

Anyone who wants to learn the deeper nuances of football will be fascinated by the stuff in this...

https://www.footballxos.com/download/1991-buffalo-bills-offense-marv-levy-pdf/?wpdmdl=4187&refresh=5cfd4db74dc9d1560104375

In addition, there are quite a few other playbooks on both offense and defense on the site---NFL, College ,etc:

https://www.footballxos.com/free-football-playbooks/

Crazy...that printout makes 1991 seem more like 1977. Weird to think that technology had not yet advanced as far as I think it did back then.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm surprised coaches don't use old playbooks, especially after the defenses around the league have figured out "your" system.  

Could a modern defense stop a well-executed K-gun offense?

40 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I'm surprised coaches don't use old playbooks, especially after the defenses around the league have figured out "your" system.  

Heck, yes!  Rex could routinely put 10 defenders on the field to counter a K-gun!

45 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I'm sure they do. Many coaches come from a coaching tree and use plays and schemes similar to others in that coaching tree.

8 hours ago, dpberr said:

All schemes in the nfl are derivatives of the a few of the " post merger Modern" nfl offences..west coast..Eardhart perkins..or air coryell air raid etcs spread..they all use concepts that have been used since the schemes even existed..the bills and pats run plays from the eardhart perkins scheme that were in the playbooks from the beginning..the plays are still the same its how they are disguised that has changed along wit the personnel groupings.

3 minutes ago, bills11 said:

All schemes in the nfl are derivatives of the a few of the " post merger Modern" nfl offences..west coast..Eardhart perkins..or air coryell air raid etcs spread..they all use concepts that have been used since the schemes even existed..the bills and pats run plays from the eardhart perkins scheme that were in the playbooks from the beginning..the plays are still the same its how they are disguised that has changed along wit the personnel groupings.

This.

In fact, Frank Reich told Jim Kelly when the Bills played the Colts this season that the Colts were running a ton of the same concepts and plays from the K-Gun and that it all still works.

Edited by Logic

13 hours ago, bills11 said:

The Air Coryell isn't really equivalent of the modern "air raid." What they have in common is that they are systems that favour the pass over the run to a higher degree than other equivalent schemes of their era. The Air Coryell is basically the vertical passing equivalent of the west coast. The principle of the two systems - timing up WR routes with QB drop etc are very similar but Air Coryell focused on stretching the field vertically whereas the west coast was about stretching the field horizontally. The "air raid" is really a variant of the spread offense.

I think the 4 main schemes you see in the NFL are the Air Coryell, the west coast, the spread and the E-P. But very few, if any, teams in the NFL nowadays run a pure version of any of them. All NFL offenses are now pretty much hybrids. Take New England as the obvious example because pretty much everyone here since we hired Daboll has talked about the E-P as the reason for New England's success and the approach Daboll wants to take in Buffalo. When Belichick got the New England back in 2000 they ran a pretty standard E-P style of offense under Charlie Weiss. But when I look at New England now I'd categorise their offense as a spread offense with E-P concepts. That said very few teams can get in to tight jumbo packages and run the ball down your throat 10 plays in a row as well as New England either. Now take the Chiefs.... Andy Reid was pretty clear last season in a fascinating sit down with Steve Mariucci on NFLN that he is still running the west coast offense. All those funky formations and gimmick plays.... yea.... they are the WCO with some bells on. It is west coast but with strong spread and Air Coryell concept liberally scattered within it.

• Like (+1) 1