No Women's World Cup thread?

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Hats off to the French squad, they pressed it all game. That said, the US side deserved it entirely. Should have been a finals matchup. 

Except for that #6 in the French squad.  Screw her!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

USA better most of the game. France’s goal capped off a bad stretch and after that there were few threats. Stoppage time was a f-en clinic. 

Ertz dropping into defense again shut downbeat France for most of the game and was a smart move. Morgan put consistent pressure on them. 

Lalas is is an idiot for his love of Dunn. She got owned in the first half and nearly gave up a critical goal in the second. Two games in a row where she wAs a consistent weak spot. 

Edited by BeginnersMind
  • Like (+1) 1

So, I finally ran into an article that actually digs into the discrepancy between the mens and womens pay.  The article tried to be anti-mens team, but it revealed what I had figured the situation was.  The MWC has prize money of $38M and the WWC is $4M ($2M when they signed their deal)....................So, the US federation or whatever it's called gets WAYYY the ***** less from FIFA to pay them.  

The women get salaries.  The men is all based on bonuses (which the women also get - but they actually DID get because they won the WC and the men didn't even make it!)  So, it's the bonuses that are unequal - due to the amount brought into FIFA being way different.  

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2019/jun/28/revealed-the-731003-gender-pay-gap-in-us-world-cup-bonuses  

1 hour ago, bbb said:

So, I finally ran into an article that actually digs into the discrepancy between the mens and womens pay.  The article tried to be anti-mens team, but it revealed what I had figured the situation was.  The MWC has prize money of $38M and the WWC is $4M ($2M when they signed their deal)....................So, the US federation or whatever it's called gets WAYYY the ***** less from FIFA to pay them.  

The women get salaries.  The men is all based on bonuses (which the women also get - but they actually DID get because they won the WC and the men didn't even make it!)  So, it's the bonuses that are unequal - due to the amount brought into FIFA being way different.  

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2019/jun/28/revealed-the-731003-gender-pay-gap-in-us-world-cup-bonuses  

The FIFA allocated prize money has nothing to do with what US Soccer choses to pay the respective teams.  It is simply what the tournament awards teams who win.  

1 hour ago, stony said:

The FIFA allocated prize money has nothing to do with what US Soccer choses to pay the respective teams.  It is simply what the tournament awards teams who win.  

Did you read the article?  

5 hours ago, stony said:

Yup

So, do you disagree with what I typed?:

The MWC has prize money of $38M and the WWC is $4M ($2M when they signed their deal)....................So, the US federation or whatever it's called gets WAYYY the ***** less from FIFA to pay them.  

What in the ***** was going on with the way the game ended................They already went past the 5 minute injury time allotment..............Clock keeps going and ref doesn't call the game.  Both teams just keep lining up for the inbounds.  It's taking 10, 15, 20 seconds................And, then they call the game.  Why not just call it when the ball was out of bounds with 5 minutes left............No buzzer beaters in this sport, because there is no buzzer.  

Water ..hydration.. breaks are mandated in FIFA matches when the Wet Bulb Globe temperature exceeds 32*C. (89.6*F)

The breaks occur at the 30th and 75th minutes of the match.  This was approved by the FIFA executive committee and came into play

at the 2014 WC in Brazil.  Just wait until 2020 and Qatar.   Water breaks on turf pitches are even more important (MLS)  as the temp on the

field will be approx. 20*F  hotter than at chest level.

At the High school level we'll take a break at roughly the 20 minute mark of the 40 minute half. 80*F is our

break temperature.  This is discussed with the coaches and I have never heard one say NO

to a water break.  The safety of the players is the number one concern for all officials at all levels of play.

• Thank you (+1) 1