No Women's World Cup thread?

1 hour ago, Jukester said:

Should be a classic game today - prime time under the lights in Paris in front of a very partisan crowd. USA will need to be much better than they were against Spain.  

Spain had one good scoring chance to go along with the bonehead play that lead to the goal. US will have to play well but it’s the right game for them to come out with the A game. 

Hmm...where should one pregame and watch this match? 3.00PM on a sweltering hot Friday afternoon, all kinds of young , adult ladies with no layers on rooting like crazy and jumping up and down....definitely a game to watch in a bar somewheres!

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Hmm...where should one pregame and watch this match? 3.00PM on a sweltering hot Friday afternoon, all kinds of young , adult ladies with no layers on rooting like crazy and jumping up and down....definitely a game to watch in a bar somewheres!

I got the green light from my boss to check out at 2:50 today. Hammer down to the watering hole by 3:05. Should have some beer and grub by 3:15 and cruise into a 9 day weekend......also saw on the news this morning that it could reach 105° in France today. Not sure if or how that gives anyone an advantage. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I got the green light from my boss to check out at 2:50 today. Hammer down to the watering hole by 3:05. Should have some beer and grub by 3:15 and cruise into a 9 day weekend......also saw on the news this morning that it could reach 105° in France today. Not sure if or how that gives anyone an advantage. 

85 at kickoff. Not ideal but should not be decisive. 

58 minutes ago, stony said:

Yup. Kinda just sucks for everyone.

I’m curious to see if France plays the same high line as Spain did. I don’t think that was what kept it close but it did help. If they do, maybe Ellis brings in Press (not my favorite) for speed. Press lacks finishing quality but she is fast as heck. 

24 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

I’m curious to see if France plays the same high line as Spain did. I don’t think that was what kept it close but it did help. If they do, maybe Ellis brings in Press (not my favorite) for speed. Press lacks finishing quality but she is fast as heck. 

Yeah, the front three haven't really been at their best since Thailand.  I like Press because she's always willing to make the run.  If you're a defender that sucks knowing it only takes a split second to 'flip off' and you're f***ed.  If France does push the D up, I'd like midfield to have Horan and Mewis.  Both have the range to flip the field effectivelyand help create width.  Maybe put Ertz into the defense? Really curious what Ellis decides to do.  

35 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I say start Carly Lloyd.......instead of off the bench.

Morgan seems off, I'm good w that.  

Reports saying Horan on bench.  Ellis gets in her own way too much.