No Women's World Cup thread?

This ad/meme came across my Facebook timeline again.  Who is calling any of them crazy?  And, they show Sue Bird going nuts and the announcer says "Sue Bird has to settle down" - how many times is that said about Draymond Green, etc.  

12 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

This Chile keeper is coming up big.

I’ve only been watching since the second half started and she’s made a ton of amazing saves. Add a couple of posts and cross bars and it could easily be 8 nothing.

44 minutes ago, bbb said:

Why did they have most of their starters not starting?  I thought this was all about goal differential!?! 

Goal differential is over. That’s why they did what they did. This team is going to the next round. No need to burn everyone out in a game they are going to win. Next game is more real, though the winner will play France, which is a tough reward for the victor. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Goal differential is over. That’s why they did what they did. This team is going to the next round. No need to burn everyone out in a game they are going to win. Next game is more real, though the winner will play France, which is a tough reward for the victor. 

Now they have to beat Sweden to clinch a high seed (likely top seed) in the knockout rounds.

22 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

So, there were two games in group play?  Both against bottom rung teams?  And, goal differential was going to come into play?  

10 minutes ago, bbb said:

So, there were two games in group play?  Both against bottom rung teams?  And, goal differential was going to come into play?  

There are still two more games to play in the group. Also he meant since they put a big number up in the first game, that they have essentially secured any goal differential tie breaker, hence his stating it is over.

Edit: I think the next game against Sweden is the last game, so only 1 more game left.

Edited by Bray Wyatt

2 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

they have essentially secured any goal differential tie breaker,

My guess is that the goal differential tie breaker never came into play.  And, it never was going to. 

7 hours ago, bbb said:

Goal differential was almost a certainty to not come into play vs Sweden after the US won 13-0, and by the time the US game against Chile started, Sweden had beat Thailand 5-1, so the goal differential issue was over. 

On 6/10/2019 at 7:39 PM, bbb said:

a) For soccer: 

Abby Wambach Won’t Stop Until the U.S. Women’s Soccer Team Gets Equal Pay

https://www.glamour.com/story/abby-wambach-womens-soccer-lawsuit-interview

image.thumb.png.5c0f8e88cbd08ac8cc62afddb3ba8776.png

The US Women out-earn or nearly earn the same as the men. They make coin. The rest of the women's teams don't but in the US, they are gold. (And the US Men suck donkey dick.)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-womens-soccer-games-out-earned-mens-games-11560765600?mod=hp_listb_pos1

15 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Goal differential was almost a certainty to not come into play vs Sweden after the US won 13-0, and by the time the US game against Chile started, Sweden had beat Thailand 5-1, so the goal differential issue was over. 

image.thumb.png.5c0f8e88cbd08ac8cc62afddb3ba8776.png

The US Women out-earn or nearly earn the same as the men. They make coin. The rest of the women's teams don't but in the US, they are gold. (And the US Men suck donkey dick.)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-womens-soccer-games-out-earned-mens-games-11560765600?mod=hp_listb_pos1

I can't read the article.  Does it say where the money comes from that pays the men and the women?  Instead of "we want equal pay" and then have no numbers - like every article I've seen so far, I'd like to know how they get paid.  Does it come from FIFA, the national governing body (whatever that might be), etc....................If it's done on just a national level, it seems the women should get paid equal if not more, since they seem more popular.  But, if it's a world thing, then the men bring in way more money.

One thing that has always bothered me about the USWNT is that they don't give a crap about their pro league.  The 1999 team talked about it so much - having a successful pro league for women................But, when it comes down to it, the elite players only care about the elite players.  

9 minutes ago, bbb said:

I can't read the article.  Does it say where the money comes from that pays the men and the women?  Instead of "we want equal pay" and then have no numbers - like every article I've seen so far, I'd like to know how they get paid.  Does it come from FIFA, the national governing body (whatever that might be), etc....................If it's done on just a national level, it seems the women should get paid equal if not more, since they seem more popular.  But, if it's a world thing, then the men bring in way more money.

One thing that has always bothered me about the USWNT is that they don't give a crap about their pro league.  The 1999 team talked about it so much - having a successful pro league for women................But, when it comes down to it, the elite players only care about the elite players.  

They are paid by the US Soccer Federation which is a member of FIFA. Match bonuses, camp stipends, tournament winnings etc are all set by the individual country. 

7 minutes ago, stony said:

They are paid by the US Soccer Federation which is a member of FIFA. Match bonuses, camp stipends, tournament winnings etc are all set by the individual country. 

But, is the amount they get from FIFA for the mens vs. womens different, because FIFA defintely gets more revenue from mens as opposed to womens.