No Women's World Cup thread?

I get scoring in a point differential system in game 1....  but to act like it is the miracle on ice and to look like clowns....  bad look.  Businesslike and professional.  Run up the score.  Explain later that you leave nothing to chance. ..  complaints are 1% what they are now.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I get scoring in a point differential system in game 1....  but to act like it is the miracle on ice and to look like clowns....  bad look.  Businesslike and professional.  Run up the score.  Explain later that you leave nothing to chance. ..  complaints are 1% what they are now.

I disagreed with you in my Toronto thread and called you a clown. Not that it matters, but I like to own up when I'm wrong.

You're completely right and this is absolutely the mindset you play with. I'm all for celebrating, I don't care. I don't mind running up the score.

The over the top celebrations after 9 goals is ridiculous and classless. Does anyone think Thailand's FA invests much in women's soccer? Those women probably work another job. I'm sure they don't mind the celebrations, it's just not appealing to me.

I'd just rather the protesters have some semblance of awareness.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Of course you play the full game and score at every opportunity, but at a certain point the celebrations are ridiculous.

I'm usually pro celebrate, if you dont want them to celebrate stop them. But the Thailand stuff was out of control. I believe Germany beat Iran or some other bad soccer team like 8 or 10 nothing. They had no one on the field doing what Rapinoe did.

Of course their aren't as many people in the world as douchey as Rapinoe.

Nope, you celebrate every goal you make. On the big stage every goal is something special.

21 minutes ago, bbb said:

tyTc1Nl.jpg

You just don't know what you are talking about.

1 minute ago, Boca BIlls said:

Nope, you celebrate every goal you make. On the big stage every goal is something special.

You just don't know what you are talking about.

No, you don't. Rapinoe had no reason to do what she did. If she set some record I'd get it.

She's classless. How much footy do you watch? 1 of 13 is hardly special. 

18 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Celebrate every goal don't worry about what some PoS people that can't play think.

We live in a world of ***** and people that just want to complain about *****.

Edited by Boca BIlls

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

That isn't at all what people are complaining about. You really are missing the point.

Celebrate every goal, b.c you never know when it could be your last.

Imagine today if Tiger celebrated his Birdy on 18 even though he was up by 17 shots to the next guy. OMG you guys would go ballistic.

Edited by Boca BIlls

Just now, Boca BIlls said:

Celebrate every goal, b.c you never know when it could be your last.

It could also be how you're remembered.

That's probably more important. Scoring a goal the 9th goal in a 13-0 game. If it was her last, she'd be remembered more for the awful celebration.

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

It could also be how you're remembered.

That's probably more important. Scoring a goal the 9th goal in a 13-0 game. If it was her last, she'd be remembered more for the awful celebration.

And who gives a ***** what some nobodies think. They don't play the games, they don't understand.

You know what she will remember, kicking Thailand's ass.

Edited by Boca BIlls

1 hour ago, bbb said:

This is the crap I hate.  All this stuff has been said about men forever, and if it get said about a woman, it's because they're a woman!

Bat flips, touchdown celebrations outlawed, etc.  

I remember being maybe 9 years old at the Rockpile and wondering why the Bills fans hate Hank Stram.  Well, it was because he ran up the score last time with an unnecessary TD at the end of the game..............Sportsmanship has been an issue since I can remember. 

Why do people with causes defeat their causes by being disingenuous.  Why would I pay attention to Abby Wambach again? 

you be dead on correct! There is zero reason to celbrate up 7-0, let alone 12-0..classless plain and simple..man, woman, child..have some freaking class

15 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

And who gives a ***** what some nobodies think. They don't play the games, they don't understand.

You know what she will remember, kicking Thailand's ass.

umm, no. Her memory now will be what a tool she was and how classless they were. No matter what happens from here on out, this will now always be a part of the USNWT World Cup..as it should be

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

you be dead on correct! There is zero reason to celbrate up 7-0, let alone 12-0..classless plain and simple..man, woman, child..have some freaking class

umm, no. Her memory now will be what a tool she was and how classless they were. No matter what happens from here on out, this will now always be a part of the USNWT World Cup..as it should be

Nope she will remember the win and not give a ***** about people crying about stupid *****.

This news will be forgotten soon enough. You people don't realize your ADD when it comes to complaining about *****.

Just now, Boca BIlls said:

Nope she will remember the win and not give a ***** about people crying about stupid *****.

That win means zero to them..it was a given. Thailand stood no chance.

Be like saying Duke players remember beating Elon in the first round of the tourney and celebrating over the top at the end for the basket that put them up 40. Its not the score, its the celebration people are killing them for, rightly so.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

That win means zero to them..it was a given. Thailand stood no chance.

Be like saying Duke players remember beating Elon in the first round of the tourney and celebrating over the top at the end for the basket that put them up 40. Its not the score, its the celebration people are killing them for, rightly so.

The guy has no clue what he is talking about. It's a lost cause. 

32 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

This news will be forgotten soon enough. You people don't realize your ADD when it comes to complaining about *****.

It won't be forgotten because others actually watch the sport more than once every few years.

13 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:
Really respecting the game and what you’ve worked for is to do your best at ALL times. This is a call to to do more and give more resources for some of these countries. It’s the World Cup folks. Would you say this about the men? Didn’t think so.

Abby Wambach

@AbbyWambach

For all that have issue with many goals: for some players this is there first World Cup goal, and they should be excited. Imagine it being you out there.This is your dream of playing and then scoring in a World Cup. Celebrate.Would you tell a men’s team to not score or celebrate?

Yes....I think most people would. Quit making everything about men vs. women.

Agree totally. Really shocked at how quickly the discussion about sportsmanship turns to gender. Seriously, what does that have to do with this? It's a d**k move if you have one or not. I wonder how many soccer parents cheering the USWNT for this would like their kids being in the receiving end of a beatdown with celebrations?

• Like (+1) 1

making this a gender bias issue is incredibly stupid.

And scoring the amount of goals is a separate issue of the poor way they handled themselves.  

Scoring goals leaving nothing to chance with point differential and staying sharp is one thing and not wrong

Acting classless on every goal and representing your country with poor sportsmanship is another

Here are two similar blowouts with examples on how to act when the game is out of hand

https://youtu.be/-3LDDkdZ0ug

https://youtu.be/QaP672-eEFM

• Like (+1) 2

It seems like the people against the celebrations are talking out both sides of their mouths, they say its not about running up the score as there is goal differential tie breaker, but then turn around and say they shouldnt celebrate bc they are up so much. Wouldnt each goal still be important and then worth celebrating?

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Agree totally. Really shocked at how quickly the discussion about sportsmanship turns to gender. Seriously, what does that have to do with this? It's a d**k move if you have one or not. I wonder how many soccer parents cheering the USWNT for this would like their kids being in the receiving end of a beatdown with celebrations?

The only one I've seen making it about gender is Abby Wambach, suggesting she doesn't really have any reasonable argument.

36 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

It seems like the people against the celebrations are talking out both sides of their mouths, they say its not about running up the score as there is goal differential tie breaker, but then turn around and say they shouldnt celebrate bc they are up so much. Wouldnt each goal still be important and then worth celebrating?

A team that wins 13-0 is really worried about goal differential?  Somehow I think the US team will manage to beat all the odds and squeak into the elimination round.  :rolleyes:

Unlike the women's Olympic hockey team which always seems like a nice group of girls, the US soccer team always seems like mouthy, arrogant group.  I know that's over generalizing, but it's the impression I always get.

• Thank you (+1) 1