No Women's World Cup thread?

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I hope they don't think it will be like this all tournament.

I'm sure they don't. Still good to get out and play well in what was effectively a scrimmage. Each team in the group gets harder for them. They got an ideal schedule through the group stage. Today is the problem most team have with the US. They can sometimes hang for a half but the US is so fit that they continue to bring strong legs all game long. 

Chile will try to keep the ball from the US, and Sweden could actually be a good game--they are the only other decent team in the group. 

On 6/10/2019 at 6:54 AM, eball said:

The only games I'll watch are the US women...I just can't stay interested in women's soccer and basketball because the level of athleticism/speed is so far below the men's game.  I don't think that makes me a misogynist -- I just enjoy the men's game more and if I have limited time to watch sporting events I'll choose just about anything over a women's team game.

One notable exception is women's volleyball -- both indoor and beach.  Love watching both of these during the Olympics.

Only women's sport I will watch. Sometimes women's tennis can be hot as well. As long as it's not the Williams sisters.

I guess I would watch another sport if I had a relative participating. That's about it.

9 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Women's Ice Hockey on an international level though is a joke other than Canada vs USA.  US and Canada are just many miles ahead of everybody else, it is stupid.  

Yup, this is the big problem with most women’s sports.  There are simply not enough competitive teams.  College basketball, Olympic hockey, and apparently soccer.

Anyone think they took things too far? Not just the goals but celebrating after?

If they were really still doing the big soccer celebrations in a 12-0 game, they are classless twits.

6 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Yup, this is the big problem with most women’s sports.  There are simply not enough competitive teams.  College basketball, Olympic hockey, and apparently soccer.

If they were really still doing the big soccer celebrations in a 12-0 game, they are classless twits.

Watch the highlights on ESPN and judge for yourself. I thought it was excessive.

Or just click here...

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/06/us-soccer-uswnt-world-cup-goals-thailand-celebrations-reaction-twitter-13-blowout

Edited by PromoTheRobot

On 6/9/2019 at 2:33 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'll watch the US women. I just hope the focus stays on the game and not the lawsuit or whatever else they have an issue with. 

Their complaints are ridiculous.

15 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I've seen someone on another board saying Rapinoe was disgusting with her behavior after their 9th goal.

I'll continue to play the villain. I dont want them to win. The women's team has been full of jackasses for years.

They really aren't a likeable bunch.

Anyone think they took things too far? Not just the goals but celebrating after?

They are celebrating US soccer on behalf of the men's team, which may not score a goal for the next 8 months. 

Yes, I found the celebrations excessive. Thankfully the Thai players didn't retaliate. 

I did not find the scoring excessive. Passing the ball around the defense for 45 minutes of keep away is more insulting than scoring, and if you watched, they could have scored 20 goals in the second half if they just lobbed balls into the box. Thailand couldn't keep possession for more than 2 passes. It was target practice and the US women were only going for goal when they had an easy path. But by dropping 13, they now have an even bigger target on them.  

I have no doubt that the outrage machine will be in high gear tomorrow. Stephen A. Smith will have a rant that ESPN.com will be pushing all day. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

This isn't a children's game, crush those countries.

Goal scores tie breakers, who know what another team might do against Thailand.

43 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

They are celebrating US soccer on behalf of the men's team, which may not score a goal for the next 8 months. 

Yes, I found the celebrations excessive. Thankfully the Thai players didn't retaliate. 

I did not find the scoring excessive. Passing the ball around the defense for 45 minutes of keep away is more insulting than scoring, and if you watched, they could have scored 20 goals in the second half if they just lobbed balls into the box. Thailand couldn't keep possession for more than 2 passes. It was target practice and the US women were only going for goal when they had an easy path. But by dropping 13, they now have an even bigger target on them.  

I have no doubt that the outrage machine will be in high gear tomorrow. Stephen A. Smith will have a rant that ESPN.com will be pushing all day. 

Bigger target? Being USA is as big as a target gets.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Their complaints are ridiculous.

I've seen someone on another board saying Rapinoe was disgusting with her behavior after their 9th goal.

I'll continue to play the villain. I dont want them to win. The women's team has been full of jackasses for years.

They really aren't a likeable bunch.

Who are the jackasses? Hope Solo, sure. I suppose Wambach was cold, hardly a jackass. 

32 minutes ago, stony said:

Who are the jackasses? Hope Solo, sure. I suppose Wambach was cold, hardly a jackass. 

See the post above your last.

34 minutes ago, stony said:

Do you even watch the sport?