No Women's World Cup thread?

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Good news. The men's team is on TV now. I hear it's going well.

It's bad. Fans weren't happy when they lost to Jamaica, and now they getting torched by a country who can barely feed their citizens.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

wait, you're seriously wondering why no one cares about WOMEN'S SOCCER?

watched some elimination game involuntarily last time

one goal was score by a corner kick that slowly rolled right to the middle of the penalty area, then booted in

another was a half-speed shot about 5m outside the penalty area, the shooter had no design with the shot, it just happened to go in

both goals were a disgrace to anything resembling socer

6 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Watching Cade McNown, Jake Plummer, and Chris Chandler in this rerun skills challenge > anything with a soccer ball involved except Kicking and Screaming and Ladybugs.  

I'm watching now....RJ is leading heading into the last event.  I wonder how badly he'll blow it.  Also, every episode I've watched, McNabb is horrible. 

But yes, I'll watch some girls soccer with my kids.

13 hours ago, Captain_Quint said:

Unless they're playing in bikinis now, not interested. 

More of a beach volleyball fan, I take it? 

I learned to like soccer later in life when my son played in HS. I came to really appreciated the game. 

I'm a big fan of soccer and watched the opening match as well as Germany vs. China.

Had the Italian game recorded earlier today and I'll watch that too.  Looking forward to seeing the USA, who probably has the most potent front 3 in the tournament.  

But the level of play of even a team like Germany (one of the favorites) is kind of tough to watch.  The level of play in some respects is below watching St. Joe's play Canisius in boys high school soccer.

When I was at St. Joe's, a buddy of mine was on the team and he went on onto play at the college level.  He was about 6'3" and 195 lbs. in high school; one time he took a shot from near midfield, hit the crossbar, and the entire net bounced around.

His level of athleticism as a teenager who would later go on to achieve basically nothing (LOL) in soccer is higher than what these women are capable of at the elite World Cup level.

It's a slow moving game with a lot of weak legs.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

I'm a big fan of soccer and watched the opening match as well as Germany vs. China.

Had the Italian game recorded earlier today and I'll watch that too.  Looking forward to seeing the USA, who probably has the most potent front 3 in the tournament.  

But the level of play of even a team like Germany (one of the favorites) is kind of tough to watch.  The level of play in some respects is below watching St. Joe's play Canisius in boys high school soccer.

When I was at St. Joe's, a buddy of mine was on the team and he went on onto play at the college level.  He was about 6'3" and 195 lbs. in high school; one time he took a shot from near midfield, hit the crossbar, and the entire net bounced around.

His level of athleticism as a teenager who would later go on to achieve basically nothing (LOL) in soccer is higher than what these women are capable of at the elite World Cup level.

It's a slow moving game with a lot of weak legs.

You're saying the average man is more athletic than the average woman??

Interesting....

• Haha (+1) 1