Is Toronto Raptors success bad for Buffalo?

major

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Little doubt the NFL is eyeballing Toronto... Highly doubt the Pegulas are... The NFL will expand where the money is... The Bills love their Toronto-area fans... and they love the Bills... It is a decades-long relationship... It won’t matter much if Toronto gets a franchise... Bills will still fill all their seats with a good product...

I don’t think it hurts them but I get your point. Asked a different way, “if the NFL had a team in Toronto how much support would the Bills lose?” It is definitely a fair amount but we just need to support our team regardless. The Leafs and Sabres co-exist. 

8 hours ago, Warcodered said:

They let Velociraptors play basketball now? How progressive.

They weren't born velocoraptors, but they self identify as adults

22 minutes ago, Doc said:

The Blue Jays won the World Series in the early 90's. 

which is about the last time a Canadian team won the Stanley Cup

The Property Brothers are from Toronto and film a lot of episodes there. That success is bad for buffalo, no doubt. 

Edited by dubs

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Probably not for the Bills but it might look bad for the maple leafs. How long has it been since they won? You would think a Toronto team would be better at hockey then Basketball.

The Blue Jays, as Doc mentioned, won the World Series in the early 90s.  Having a Canadian team win the World Series was serious national scandal at the time, so America pulled ourselves together and took our revenge by not allowing a Canadian team to win another World Series or Stanley Cup

This NBA thing Toronto has going on?  Meh, nobody cares about the NBA

10 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

I gotta admit, this thought has crossed my mind too.  You'd have to be naive to think the league isn't watching this Toronto basketball explosion and salvating at the notion....with that said I think we are safe,  Still, again,  you'd have to be naive to think some of the suits have not taken notice.  I think the cheapeat ticket on stuphub for game 2 was like 800...US..  Cheapest... Paranoia, it will always linger.

It may cause the league to push the Pegula's to build the new stadium more in the US side of Niagara Falls.

You also have the CFL to deal with too.  In any sport except hockey(and curling), teams in Canada will only get great support when winning.

13 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

The Blue Jays, as Doc mentioned, won the World Series in the early 90s.  Having a Canadian team win the World Series was serious national scandal at the time, so America pulled ourselves together and took our revenge by not allowing a Canadian team to win another World Series or Stanley Cup

This NBA thing Toronto has going on?  Meh, nobody cares about the NBA

Actually there was a conspiracy by the Canadians to cause an MLB strike the following season so the Blue Jays remained champs for two seasons! 

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

What about London, UK? They have some pretty successful soccer teams there. Or Moscow? Some pretty good hockey is being played there!

I won’t even mention Italy and how good their pasta is.

...nice BOE...you just pissed off everybody on Guam for failing to recognize them as a sports hot bed.....SMH.......

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

What about London, UK? They have some pretty successful soccer teams there. Or Moscow? Some pretty good hockey is being played there!

I won’t even mention Italy and how good their pasta is.

I think the NFL is going to get a team going in Banff.

20 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...nice BOE...you just pissed off everybody on Guam for failing to recognize them as a sports hot bed.....SMH.......

guam can't support an nfl franchise.  a packed stadium might make the island tip over

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

I gotta admit, this thought has crossed my mind too.  You'd have to be naive to think the league isn't watching this Toronto basketball explosion and salvating at the notion....with that said I think we are safe,  Still, again,  you'd have to be naive to think some of the suits have not taken notice.  I think the cheapeat ticket on stuphub for game 2 was like 800...US..  Cheapest... Paranoia, it will always linger.

Yeah. I pop a bottle of champagne every year when the Blue Jays are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

This can't be a real thing.

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

There has been a push to get an NFL team in Toronto for a while now and don't think an NBA team winning the finals changes any of that.

This