Is Toronto Raptors success bad for Buffalo?

major

The combination of Roger Goodell hassling us about needing a new stadium, coupled with the Raptors success in the nba Finals got me thinking. Do you think the NFL will ramp up the notion of placing a team in Canada? If so, does that hurt Buffalo in any way, shape, or form? I don’t believe the Pegs will ever move our team from Buffalo; however, I can see the NFL trying to capitalize on the Canadian market eventually and Toronto still seems like the logical location. I just don’t want their current success to hurt our team or city. Your thoughts??

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Lotsa Canadians consider the Bills to be their home team. The Bills have tried to capitalize on it in the past by having a few home games in Toronto - which I hated. One way the team doesnt have to move at all is to call it the Niagara Buffalo Bills and represent both upstate NY and Ontario. This will preclude another team muscling in on the Bills territory.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Lotsa Canadians consider the Bills to be their home team. The Bills have tried to capitalize on it in the past by having a few home games in Toronto - which I hated. One way the team doesnt have to move at all is to call it the Niagara Buffalo Bills and represent both upstate NY and Ontario. This will preclude another team muscling in on the Bills territory.

I have to ask, have you been channeling @BringBackFergy On this one? 

• Haha (+1) 3

It was at least a decade ago when we took our kids to an NBA game in Charlotte. We had seasons for the Braves growing up, took the kids to games when we traveled, etc. I tried to stay with it. 

At a Charlotte mid-season game my scrappy AAU PG turned to me and said “they’re not even trying.” He was correct, a Tuesday night in Charlotte is make believe NBA. Too many games, too much money. 

• Like (+1) 1

I gotta admit, this thought has crossed my mind too.  You'd have to be naive to think the league isn't watching this Toronto basketball explosion and salvating at the notion....with that said I think we are safe,  Still, again,  you'd have to be naive to think some of the suits have not taken notice.  I think the cheapeat ticket on stuphub for game 2 was like 800...US..  Cheapest... Paranoia, it will always linger.