Will NE tie

nero1

5 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

It wouldn't. As much as I love that Superbowl team, NOBODY outside of Buffalo is going to care if New England ties this record. The distinction being the Bills LOST 4 straight. It's not something to hang your head about, but it's not comparable to New England who tends to win the ultimate prize.

I'd love to see the Bills WIN a Superbowl in my lifetime.

Oh, if they go to 4 straight it will be talked about how the Bills were the last team to do it. I guarantee it. It will be talked about a lot, especially the fact that Bills lost all of them.

NFL broadcasts are all about storylines, and that's a significant one if it happens.

• Like (+1) 1

At this precise moment in time if I had to pick an AFC Superbowl team I'd pick New England. KC have lost some of their best players and I don't see another team who can put it up to the Pats in a one off playoff game. Maybe Indianapolis in Indianapolis? The Jags in Jacksonville possibly if that defense can get back to what it was? 

Who are the teams that in a one off play-off game you think could out talent the Pats enough to neutralise the best coach and quarterback ever? 

• Like (+1) 1

NE is the favorite to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl until Tom Brady is gone.  And they should be the favorite, because they're still the best team in the AFC.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Indeed, they tried.  I think this season is our best chance with the team we will be fielding compared to seasons past.

If not this year...then soon! I am sick of it!

11 hours ago, whatdrought said:

No cause we’re gonna sweep em, win the division, and then beat them in the division round after they get a wildcard.

Time is running out on the Pats...I cannot wait!

Will NE tie what?

Oh, I get it. The vague title of the thread was supposed to suck me in with intrigue. My bad. Since I fell for it, do I have to answer?

Edited by Dopey

12 hours ago, MJS said:

Oh, if they go to 4 straight it will be talked about how the Bills were the last team to do it. I guarantee it. It will be talked about a lot, especially the fact that Bills lost all of them.

NFL broadcasts are all about storylines, and that's a significant one if it happens.

Probably true. That's really the only reason I care. I don't want to see the Pats in the SB again because I want to see the Bills overtake them. This distinction just doesn't do much for me.

As I said, I want to see the Bills WIN a Superbowl so I don't have to hear idiots say "oh, that's a shame they lost those Superbowls." I'd love to hear, "that Josh Allen dude is a beast." We shall see.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...better yet, if they do go, who really wants to listen to urinalists rub salt in Bflo's wounds about 4 "L's" versus Pats' outcomes?...........

I hear that quite a bit. 

• Like (+1) 1