Daboll teaching Allen new philosophies

11 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Very interesting read...

Most interesting thing is Daboll teaching Allen to read defenses from the Bottom Up and progress short to deep...

https://buffalonews.com/2019/06/06/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-chris-simms-football-jim-kubiak/?utm_medium=more_stories

Good stuff. Thanks for posting. 

Can’t wait until Allen and the offense routinely read what the defense is giving them because once they do that, they can start taking what they want more regularly. 

This will be a years long process to get competent at so many different facets he hadn’t worked before.

If he can get his short game going this year with a decent degree of consistency, it would go a long way to making this offense hum.

Regarding the “ under center” talk, if our O line comes together and he learns quickly to trust them..... oh boy?

Edited by Buffalo Boy

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Very interesting read...

Most interesting thing is Daboll teaching Allen to read defenses from the Bottom Up and progress short to deep...

https://buffalonews.com/2019/06/06/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-chris-simms-football-jim-kubiak/?utm_medium=more_stories

Can someone please post a snippet of the article? I've used up all my free views.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Very interesting read...

...great find bud......me thinks Josh+Daboll=a "match made in heaven"......can see this offense being quite exciting........shades of Marchibroda cometh??.....

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JohnnyGold said:

I just watched that entire 17 minute video of Josh Allen.

The Buffalo Bills have a franchise quarterback--there's no way this guy won't be successful.

i think so too.   the most important, unteachable quality for a good qb from my perspective is pocket presence, awareness of the pass rush and the ability to buy and extra second or two and still keep your eyes downfield.   Not taking off too early or too late.   Josh has that instinct, slippery in the pocket with a knack for keeping a play alive.  Mayfield, Darnold and Josh all have it, but our boy might end up being the best of the bunch.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Believer said:

Chris Simms video interview with Josh... Simply the best interview ever... Smart, super informative, completely engrossing... Simms is an All-Pro football interviewer... 

I mean, he’s no John Murphy, but he’s alright 

• Haha (+1) 6

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...great find bud......me thinks Josh+Daboll=a "match made in heaven"......can see this offense being quite exciting........shades of Marchibroda cometh??.....

I'm still not sold on Daboll. His NFL resume is meh and had stretches of terrible play calling last year. My hopes are high tho...he seems to have the capability...hope he puts it all together this year.

3 hours ago, StHustle said:

I'm still not sold on Daboll. His NFL resume is meh and had stretches of terrible play calling last year. My hopes are high tho...he seems to have the capability...hope he puts it all together this year.

..certainly understand but we can hope for the best.....

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, StHustle said:

When they hired him, I was like "Who?" Now I'm more ready to see what he can do. He's never had any decent talent to work with, until now. Should be fun watching.

5 hours ago, StHustle said:

You could take a nap for a couple years and see how things are going after you wake up.

• Haha (+1) 1