Jets hire Joe Douglas as GM

10 hours ago, Augie said:

Money makes people do funny things.....

Now he LOVES IT! 

It's a good job and the offer went from 4 years for a total of $7.6 million to 6 years and $19.8, 2.5x more and that's guaranteed. 

That changes a lot. One may like their situation and the differential between what he was making and the first offer may not have been enough to entice him to move. They made it worth it to take the job, the cliche is everyone has their price and the Jets found his price. 

49 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Good hire for them.

Gase will either thrive immediately or he'll be one-and-done IMO...I doubt there's much room for middle ground 

Interesting that Douglas reportedly pushed for a longer contract than Gase has.

Talk of this guy bringing in Todd McShay. 

Hahahaha. 

There isn't a worse "evaluator" of the draft than McShay. All he does is memorize names and measurables. I'm not even sure he watches tape. During draft time, all he does is just spews names and measurables when he gets asked a question. No real analysis. 

6 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Hahahaha. 

There isn't a worse "evaluator" of the draft than McShay. All he does is memorize names and measurables. I'm not even sure he watches tape. During draft time, all he does is just spews names and measurables when he gets asked a question. No real analysis. 

• Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting that Douglas reportedly pushed for a longer contract than Gase has.

Well, if you are comfortable where you are and feel that you'll get your share of GM opportunities in the next few offseasons, then contract length makes sense as a bargaining chip. I'd want a chance to hire my own HC and be able to offer him a contract that matches mine in term.

2 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Hahahaha. 

...oh God please do.......the Jesters circus employing Eyeballs Gase and Beiber McShay would force Barnum & Bailey to file chapter 11............

• Haha (+1) 1

It’s interesting that so many candidates turned down the Jets job. It basically came down to basically paying 2.5 times the initial offer. That tells me a lot about how people view the Jets right now even after spending over 100million in the offseason

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, jwhit34 said:

It's a good job and the offer went from 4 years for a total of $7.6 million to 6 years and $19.8, 2.5x more and that's guaranteed. 

That changes a lot. One may like their situation and the differential between what he was making and the first offer may not have been enough to entice him to move. They made it worth it to take the job, the cliche is everyone has their price and the Jets found his price. 

He should have held out for a deal matching Oakland's 10 year / $100 million deal.

13 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m very happy with our organization. If someone gives more competition against the evil empire, great.  How nice would it be watching the Patsies only go 3-3 in their division moving forward and have to fight for 10 wins.

So you're suggesting that NE*** will split with the Jets and sweep the Dolphins?

• Awesome! (+1) 1