Brian Gaine fired as Texans GM

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Just lots of speculation. He could have been fired because they felt they had someone better. There is no reason to believe that it is an HR issue.

...something ain't passing the smell test here......Texans claim they had no knowledge of the EEOC firing....employer does get notification via certified mail.......pretty easy to validate their claim with the signed and dated RETURN RECEIPT postcard.......pretty hard to lie your way out of that I think......besides why not let an EEOC investigation play out before firing him without findings?......seems awfully convenient and "coincidental (COUGH)"......

6 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

From what I remember, Marino loved putting up big passing numbers and pretty much demanded it. 

Add he was a terrible on fakes and got his RBs destroyed.

It is what I remember most about watching him with almost every time he did a fake I knew it ahead of time.

He did do well in advertising showing he can act just not well on football field.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...something ain't passing the smell test here......Texans claim they had no knowledge of the EEOC firing....employer does get notification via certified mail.......pretty easy to validate their claim with the signed and dated RETURN RECEIPT postcard.......pretty hard to lie your way out of that I think......besides why not let an EEOC investigation play out before firing him without findings?......seems awfully convenient and "coincidental (COUGH)"......

Laywer said he was trying to work it thru system quietly so likely no certified mail sent.

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Maybe Gaine wanted different people in working. Performance work from those could of been bad. Lots of people in for GM gets rid of people. Who knows in private. Jeff Pope could be talking not true crap..  Speculation 

What did you just say?

11 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Maybe Gaine wanted different people in working. Performance work from those could of been bad. Lots of people in for GM gets rid of people. Who knows in private. Jeff Pope could be talking not true crap..  Speculation 

Couldn't manage even one coherent sentence?

13 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Just curious, do you happen to be an Anti-Vaxxer?

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

So basically the Texans decided they’d rather have no GM at all than continue to employ Gaine.

I think they fired him thinking they were getting Caserio, then they couldn’t get him (yet) and BOB refuses to work with anyone else. 

On 6/14/2019 at 2:44 PM, MJS said:

Fired employees usually make plenty of claims. Nobody ever wants to believe it's their own fault for getting fired. There's always something or someone to blame. How often do you see someone getting fired and saying "Yup, I deserved that. They made a good decision."

Of course, if the allegations are true, shame on Gaine. Tough to believe, though.

Once when I was fired my first thought was "thank god"

Next was "Oh sh*t"