Brian Gaine fired as Texans GM

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes he had been there before. Then came here for a year. Then went back. They knew who they were hiring but I don't think they had a proper search. 

They interviewed Joe Douglas when they hired him and given the reports coming out that Douglas was asking for more money and for certain budgets regarding scouting that the Jets weren't meeting...I wonder if the Texans are making a move.

We should bring back that thread from when he was hired there. I thought it was a very dumb decision for him to take the job due to the dysfunction of the Texans ownership and power structure.  He made a bad decision in leaving, want nothing to do with him back here. Sometimes you need to look at the entire picture and not just the promotion part 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

They interviewed Joe Douglas when they hired him and given the reports coming out that Douglas was asking for more money and for certain budgets regarding scouting that the Jets weren't meeting...I wonder if the Texans are making a move.

Maybe but I think this is about Billy O consolidating his power base above all else. I understand he was furious at the failure to land Dillard. His view (apparently well known in the building) was that he was willing to give up a 2020 #1 to move into the top 10 and pick him. When he slid as far as he did it would only have taken a smaller price to move up a few spots and secure him.

Could they turn to Douglas now? Possible. But if they really loved him last time then why not hire him?

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Did a good job for us no?  Lets bring him back.

Who knows what he really did for us, but if he was that bad in Houston to be fired in 18 months, why would u want him near this organization?  From the draft videos it looks like Morgan took on Gaines role and from the reports, he is really smart

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He couldn’t pull the trigger in time to make sure they got Dillard and they got leapfrogged.

But still...

Its like he learned nothing here seeing that's usually all we do. Target a guy and attack. 

Just now, Ittakestime said:

Who knows what he really did for us, but if he was that bad in Houston to be fired in 18 months, why would u want him near this organization?  From the draft videos it looks like Morgan took on Gaines role and from the reports, he is really smart

Gaines was one of the hottest up and coming front office guys while here

super respected and was going to get a GM job sooner than later.. who knows what happened

but as a vp of player personnel or a role similar he was very good

Bills have replaced him with Dan Morgan who is another HIGHLY respected guy who will be a GM one day

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Gaines was one of the hottest up and coming front office guys while here

super respected and was going to get a GM job sooner than later.. who knows what happened

but as a vp of player personnel or a role similar he was very good

Bills have replaced him with Dan Morgan who is another HIGHLY respected guy who will be a GM one day

You realize he was just fired by a team where he really only had a shot at getting the GM job?  Doesn't speak too highly on his "skill set". 

Just now, Ittakestime said:

You realize he was just fired by a team where he really only had a shot at getting the GM job?  Doesn't speak too highly on his "skill set". 

He was an NFL GM. Who knows why he was fired.

he was one of the best player personnel guys in the league . He won’t be out of a job For long. Guaranteed