New WR coach Chad Hall - will he have an impact?

On 6/7/2019 at 10:36 PM, MrEpsYtown said:

I've said this a couple of times, but I truly believe that the development we saw in Robert Foster last year was a direct result of Hall's work. Practice squad guys and bottom of the roster guys simply won't get much attention from the head receivers coach becuase he has a million other more important things to deal with. Hall would have been the guy putting in the extra work with Foster imo. Hall made himself an NFL career out of very little talent. A guy like him making it, with his limited ability...that guy usually has some great insights into the intricacies of playing the position. He didn't get by on great athleticism or size, he had to grind, and I think that's the reason why he will make a great impact on the receivers on the team. 

These are the lines that are completely untrue. He was a division 1 football player who had 2000 yards from scrimmage his last season in college 

The words you are looking for is elite athlete. Chad Hall is not an elite athlete.., but he was a damn good football player ... every single player on the 90 man is oozing with football talent... what separates them is work ethic and a host of other factors

every player that is drafted or signs undrafted  has 1 thing.. talent... it’s the NFL

somebody with “very little talent “ can hardly get by on varsity, let alone D1 or the NFL

he just didn’t stack to his peers... but that is far from untalented . He would smoke every single athlete here

rant over ... and this isn’t a shot at you... just the thousands who say Xyz is trash when in reality he just doesn’t measure to his peers... but his talent got him to the league 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2

On 6/7/2019 at 10:36 PM, MrEpsYtown said:

I've said this a couple of times, but I truly believe that the development we saw in Robert Foster last year was a direct result of Hall's work. Practice squad guys and bottom of the roster guys simply won't get much attention from the head receivers coach becuase he has a million other more important things to deal with. Hall would have been the guy putting in the extra work with Foster imo. Hall made himself an NFL career out of very little talent. A guy like him making it, with his limited ability...that guy usually has some great insights into the intricacies of playing the position. He didn't get by on great athleticism or size, he had to grind, and I think that's the reason why he will make a great impact on the receivers on the team. 

That’s very encouraging, because it seemed that some magic happened there. Foster looked like a very different player late in the season. 

Edited by Augie

36 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

These are the lines that are completely untrue. He was a division 1 football player who had 2000 yards from scrimmage his last season in college 

The words you are looking for is elite athlete. Chad Hall is not an elite athlete.., but he was a damn good football player ... every single player on the 90 man is oozing with football talent... what separates them is work ethic and a host of other factors

every player that is drafted or signs undrafted  has 1 thing.. talent... it’s the NFL

somebody with “very little talent “ can hardly get by on varsity, let alone D1 or the NFL

he just didn’t stack to his peers... but that is far from untalented . He would smoke every single athlete here

rant over ... and this isn’t a shot at you... just the thousands who say Xyz is trash when in reality he just doesn’t measure to his peers... but his talent got him to the league 

Yep you are definitely right. My comment should have reflected his lack of size and athleticism, so I appreciate the correction. My major point is that he was able to make it in the league a bit, without those elite traits, which is the kind of guy I want teaching young receivers. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yep you are definitely right. My comment should have reflected his lack of size and athleticism, so I appreciate the correction. My major point is that he was able to make it in the league a bit, without those elite traits, which is the kind of guy I want teaching young receivers. 

I, for one, thought it was implied that it was relative to those he was competing with and against. Not the average couch potato posting here. The least “athletic” player in the NFL is pretty a darn good athlete in some manner. So both views can be true. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

You are absolutely correct and he is the kind of guy you want coaching up your young talent 

he was able to stick a bit without elite measurables or athleticism which goes hand and hand with preparation, work ethic and desire

He will be/ should be phenomenal for Foster and all our WRs

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You are absolutely correct and he is the kind of guy you want coaching up your young talent 

he was able to stick a bit without elite measurables or athleticism which goes hand and hand with preparation, work ethic and desire

He will be/ should be phenomenal for Foster and all our WRs

.....good call 716....can easily see why those characteristics fit " the process".....we're focusing on the talent within the 90 players (final 37 cuts see some good ones go), but I think there is some significant talent with changes on the coaching staff as well.....

6 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....good call 716....can easily see why those characteristics fit " the process".....we're focusing on the talent within the 90 players (final 37 cuts see some good ones go), but I think there is some significant talent with changes on the coaching staff as well.....

I have never seen the need for a big time “elite” WR

most want the ball at a unrealistic pace and that can hurt offensive flow 

give me 4 hard working , unselfish , good WRs any day of the week 

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

I have never seen the need for a big time “elite” WR

most want the ball at a unrealistic pace and that can hurt offensive flow 

give me 4 hard working , unselfish , good WRs any day of the week 

I agree with this 90% of the time. However, every now and then a “true” true #1 comes along. A guy who is a team player AND a great receiver. The Texans’ #10 and the Falcons’ #11 are two true #1 receivers that I would love to have. 

The AB types? Suck it.