New WR coach Chad Hall - will he have an impact?

I only found out today his sister is Matt Stafford's wife. The last few weeks cannot have been easy on him. Gets his shot as a full position coach for the first time and then as the offseason workouts tick up a notch having that to deal with in your family life. 

Thoughts with him, his sister, Matt and the whole family. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I only found out today his sister is Matt Stafford's wife. The last few weeks cannot have been easy on him. Gets his shot as a full position coach for the first time and then as the offseason workouts tick up a notch having that to deal with in your family life. 

I didn’t know that either! Wow.

I do hope McBeanes are dialing in Coaches after some rough going on offense.

Daboll seems NFL quality and capable. Hope he can build a fine Coaching staff and turn this offense into a threat, and soon.

2 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Please Sills please Sills pleaseeeee.... I need my Sills V jersey

We just don't need to do this anymore.  We're beyond begging for an UDFA to make the final 53 and become something.  

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

That is a tough situation. We should pray for them.

59 minutes ago, White Linen said:

We just don't need to do this anymore.  We're beyond begging for an UDFA to make the final 53 and become something.  

I would agree. I love to root for the underdogs but hyping them up so much usually turns into a giant meltdown after preseason. There’s a reason they are drafted super late or undrafted. In Sills case specifically he’s obviously got some talent, but an awful lot of scouts and gm’s have to think there’s a reason he won’t translate fast to the nfl. 

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

....nicely done GB....found this May 31 update from Matt's wife....has a post surgery facial weakness that hopefully goes away in 6-12 months..........

https://people.com/sports/kelly-stafford-gives-update-recovery-facial-weakness/

I've said this a couple of times, but I truly believe that the development we saw in Robert Foster last year was a direct result of Hall's work. Practice squad guys and bottom of the roster guys simply won't get much attention from the head receivers coach becuase he has a million other more important things to deal with. Hall would have been the guy putting in the extra work with Foster imo. Hall made himself an NFL career out of very little talent. A guy like him making it, with his limited ability...that guy usually has some great insights into the intricacies of playing the position. He didn't get by on great athleticism or size, he had to grind, and I think that's the reason why he will make a great impact on the receivers on the team. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 3

Hall is a great guy. Hall is friends with my cousin and has been able to get him sideline passes before. I wish Chad tons of success. The entire Hall family is first class from everything I have seen and heard. What his sister went through and how she handled it was courageous and graceful. 

• Like (+1) 7

I personally want what is best for the TEAM. I dont care whether whether they went to UB...I don't care they were a 13 year old QB prodigy...every year,some fans get worked up with man crushes on certain late round picks or UDFA:Reilly,Proehl,Sills...maybe someday they will become a major contributor

14 hours ago, White Linen said:

Why? Foster was a UDFA who made the 53 and is becoming something. What’s wrong with it?

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why? Foster was a UDFA who made the 53 and is becoming something. What’s wrong with it?

Nothing wrong with hoping all players drafted and undrafted become something but begging is a thing of the past.  Begging and pleading like we need some miracle is a thing of the past.  We're a well ran organization now and we no longer need to rely on hail mary players to become starters.  If it happens - no doubt, awesome.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Nothing wrong with hoping all players drafted and undrafted become something but begging is a thing of the past.  Begging and pleading like we need some miracle is a thing of the past.  We're a well ran organization now and we no longer need to rely on hail mary players to become starters.  If it happens - no doubt, awesome.  

I'm not begging for a miracle for the team because we need it... it is because of how huge of a Sills V fan I am.

5 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I'm not begging for a miracle for the team because we need it... it is because of how huge of a Sills V fan I am.

Oh ok, sorry to misinterpret your begging.   

Seriously

• Haha (+1) 2

20 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:
7 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I've said this a couple of times, but I truly believe that the development we saw in Robert Foster last year was a direct result of Hall's work. Practice squad guys and bottom of the roster guys simply won't get much attention from the head receivers coach becuase he has a million other more important things to deal with. Hall would have been the guy putting in the extra work with Foster imo. Hall made himself an NFL career out of very little talent. A guy like him making it, with his limited ability...that guy usually has some great insights into the intricacies of playing the position. He didn't get by on great athleticism or size, he had to grind, and I think that's the reason why he will make a great impact on the receivers on the team. 

Seems a reasonable take.

and that is very  cool you are such a Fan of your Boy Sills !!
hope you get your wish. Be sweet if he worked out. Hopefully they can stash him now. with the injury perhaps no one even fishes for him in Buffalo. Very much like to see him gete a year on PS to see what he can do with NFL coaching.

12 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Seems a reasonable take.

and that is very  cool you are such a Fan of your Boy Sills !!
hope you get your wish. Be sweet if he worked out. Hopefully they can stash him now. with the injury perhaps no one even fishes for him in Buffalo. Very much like to see him gete a year on PS to see what he can do with NFL coaching.

He definitely has the heart... It's devastating seeing an injury derail his chances so quickly. I'm hoping he gets to show enough to sneak on the roster still. I'm sure he can bring something to special teams.

21 hours ago, White Linen said:

Proof is in the pudding, i feel like everything your saying is correct BUT I have felt like this before. Are you counting your chickens before they hatch?

2 hours ago, billrooter said:

Proof is in the pudding, i feel like everything your saying is correct BUT I have felt like this before. Are you counting your chickens before they hatch?

No, it's just the opposite.  They aren't selling hope.