Patriots didn't fix dent Gronk put on Lombardi Trophy

3 hours ago, Troll Toll said:

I’m more embarrassed for the NFL that their trophy is that cheaply made.

not sure what could without baseballs bouncing off it, not many cars would escape undented

On 6/7/2019 at 11:13 AM, Success said:

I can’t stand the whole “lovable goofball” persona he has with everyone.  My whole perception of him changed after that late hit on Tre.  He’s scum.

He's a competitor.  Sometimes emotion overcomes people.  The fact that he cares is one of the reasons he's a winner.

On 6/7/2019 at 4:30 PM, DallasMac said:

He jumped into a defenseless person laying on the ground with a metal brace with the intent to cause harm.  I can't believe someone can blow it off this way.  There's no defense for behaving the way he did.  He could've hurt Tre far more than he did and didn't even show remorse for it.  Lost all respect for him after his "apology".

I have complete respect for Gronk's accomplishments and effort over the years.  Arguably the best at his position.  Unfortunaly my lasting memory will be the decision he made to hit Tre.  

On 6/7/2019 at 12:13 PM, Success said:

I can’t stand the whole “lovable goofball” persona he has with everyone.  My whole perception of him changed after that late hit on Tre.  He’s scum.

I hope if you put together a nine-year career and do everything right except for one split-second decision, that you're not judged solely on said decision.  That certainly wouldn't be fair or logical.

On 6/7/2019 at 1:16 PM, FLFan said:

He is not a lovable goofball.  He is a moron, with the mental acuity and maturity level of a 12 year old.  

Interesting take.  How do you know this?  From what I've read, he's a 30-year-old retired multi-millionaire who's been more responsible with his earnings than most professional athletes.  He's never been in trouble.  He'll end up in the Hall of Fame.  The guy's got the world by the balls.

And you're calling him a a moron.  I think he'd get a chuckle out of that.

13 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

He's a competitor.  Sometimes emotion overcomes people.  The fact that he cares is one of the reasons he's a winner.

are you watching the blindside hit on Tre' White (a defenseless player  again? 

Dronk (drunk Gronk) I was a little emotional at the time (insert the rest of the lie) .  

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I hope if you put together a nine-year career and do everything right except for one split-second decision, that you're not judged solely on said decision.  That certainly wouldn't be fair or logical.

We all know its more that that "one hit".  

The guy who has lead the league in called and uncalled OPI's ....  and cried when he was flagged on it.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/7/2019 at 12:22 PM, Jobot said:

Meh, competition brings out some raw emotions.  Can't judge the guy completely on one impulsive act during an NFL contest.

That was but one item on his LIST!  If He's being judged it's the whole package, rather than one event.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The guy who has lead the league in called and uncalled OPI's ....  and cried when he was flagged on it.  

This happens on nearly every incompletion in every game by every team.  But yeah .... let's let it taint Rob Gronkowski's career.

On 6/7/2019 at 1:52 PM, Capco said:

We can't keep giving stuff like this an excuse.  That type of behavior is wrong in any sports setting no matter how you slice it.  

If you keep making excuses for impulsive people, they stay impulsive for the rest of their lives.  

Incident seemed like a one-off in Gronk's career.  Obviously it was poor behavior, but my point was that this is the most violent sport on the planet, it would be ignorant to expect instances like this to never occur.

On 6/7/2019 at 5:30 PM, DallasMac said:

He jumped into a defenseless person laying on the ground with a metal brace with the intent to cause harm.  I can't believe someone can blow it off this way.  There's no defense for behaving the way he did.  He could've hurt Tre far more than he did and didn't even show remorse for it.  Lost all respect for him after his "apology".

It's easy to do understand if you remove any emotional connection you have to the Bills and Patriots.  And then look at the product that the NFL delivers.  Not shocking to see something like that happen on the field.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

This happens on nearly every incompletion in every game by every team.  But yeah .... let's let it taint Rob Gronkowski's career.

I'm not tainting anything ...  It's a known fact Dronk was a chronic OPI offender 

https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/251096/still-confused-by-offensive-pass-interference-youre-not-alone

For every OPI foul this season, officials have called four for defensive pass interference, defensive holding or illegal contact. But as the chart indicates, OPI was once a relatively rare occurrence, called less than five times per week in the NFL.

So really to get caught .....  you had to do something noticeable 

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I'm not tainting anything ...  It's a known fact Dronk was a chronic OPI offender 

https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/251096/still-confused-by-offensive-pass-interference-youre-not-alone

For every OPI foul this season, officials have called four for defensive pass interference, defensive holding or illegal contact. But as the chart indicates, OPI was once a relatively rare occurrence, called less than five times per week in the NFL.

So really to get caught .....  you had to do something noticeable 

That's an officiating flaw more than a Gronk problem.  Everyone knows that Bill Belichick's M.O. is to take advantage of broken rules until they get caught.

2 hours ago, Jobot said:

Incident seemed like a one-off in Gronk's career.  Obviously it was poor behavior, but my point was that this is the most violent sport on the planet, it would be ignorant to expect instances like this to never occur.

It's easy to do understand if you remove any emotional connection you have to the Bills and Patriots.  And then look at the product that the NFL delivers.  Not shocking to see something like that happen on the field.

Yes, thankfully he only elbowed somebody to the back of their neck once in his career.  The sport is violent enough without the added assault.  This has nothing to do with me being a Bills fan and him a Patriot.  I actually was a fan before.  It has to do with what he did and then him not even really apologizing for it.  He shrugged it off like it was just part of the game even with the suspension.  I just can't believe someone can see what he did and say, "hey it's football".  

11 minutes ago, DallasMac said:

Yes, thankfully he only elbowed somebody to the back of their neck once in his career.  The sport is violent enough without the added assault.  This has nothing to do with me being a Bills fan and him a Patriot.  I actually was a fan before.  It has to do with what he did and then him not even really apologizing for it.  He shrugged it off like it was just part of the game even with the suspension.  I just can't believe someone can see what he did and say, "hey it's football".  

I probably wouldn't be rushing to apologize either if I had years of people targeting my knees and head throughout my career.

On 6/7/2019 at 5:25 PM, T master said:

It seems only fitting that Gronk that as he left his mark on the NFL he left his final mark on the last trophy he helped the Pats win while he played !!

The guy is one of a kind there will never be another Gronk !! 

Not only do you break the mold you take the pieces into a volcano and melt the pieces.