Patriots didn't fix dent Gronk put on Lombardi Trophy

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

He's the archetype of the Williamsville North Meathead that I knew so well back in high school.

I'd have thought more along the lines of Cheektovegas.

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

He's the archetype of the Williamsville North Meathead that I knew so well back in high school.

I hope that makes me the archetype of the Williamsville North SuperNerd, then...

4 hours ago, Jobot said:

Meh, competition brings out some raw emotions.  Can't judge the guy completely on one impulsive act during an NFL contest.

I could get your argument if he apologized but he didn’t. He stated in the post game interview he acted the way he did because he felt he was being held the whole game.. Like what? It’s not like this was an OBJ and Norman altercation. He acted out like a child having a tantrum because he wasn’t getting his way. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It seems only fitting that Gronk that as he left his mark on the NFL he left his final mark on the last trophy he helped the Pats win while he played !!

The guy is one of a kind there will never be another Gronk !! 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Jobot said:

Meh, competition brings out some raw emotions.  Can't judge the guy completely on one impulsive act during an NFL contest.

He jumped into a defenseless person laying on the ground with a metal brace with the intent to cause harm.  I can't believe someone can blow it off this way.  There's no defense for behaving the way he did.  He could've hurt Tre far more than he did and didn't even show remorse for it.  Lost all respect for him after his "apology".

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

? - "Williamsville North" and "meathead" are not things I'd associate with each other. The meathead left before his senior year anyway for a true meathead (i.e., D1 jock factory) in the Pittsburgh area. 

The meathead was already a 4* recruit and Left north for an academic dispute that went down quietly 

He wasn’t gonna leave originally 

iirc he was ruled ineligible originally to play in PA. The HS governing body in PA says you can be ineligible if you transfer for athletic reasons 

after a fight he was ruled eligible because they argued it was an academic reason as well

Edited by Buffalo716

4 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

Those new SB rings are MASSIVE...I get trying to make it nicer than the previous one....but damn....it's getting ridiculous....

They looked deliberately over the top.  Every thing that team does is an eff you to the league and other fan bases.

Who knows if they’ll ever have down years again.  But if they do, I’ll relish every loss and blowout just as much as Bills wins.

3 hours ago, DallasMac said:

He jumped into a defenseless person laying on the ground with a metal brace with the intent to cause harm.  I can't believe someone can blow it off this way.  There's no defense for behaving the way he did.  He could've hurt Tre far more than he did and didn't even show remorse for it.  Lost all respect for him after his "apology".

Yeah. I don't have any real problem with fights. They're part of the game in a manner of speaking. What Gronkowski did was assault and should have been prosecuted.

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/7/2019 at 12:50 PM, DC Tom said:

always see those kids walking on the shoulder of Hopkins Rd on my way home from work.  That takes grit, I tell ya.