twitter_icon.svg  
  email_icon.svg  

• 0ap1000000236552.jpg
  • By Kevin Patra
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: June 7, 2019 at 09:01 a.m.
  • Updated: June 7, 2019 at 10:39 a.m.

Image result for rob gronkowski

The New England Patriots celebrated their Super Bowl LIII victory Thursday night, receiving their rings and reveling in the franchise's sixth title.

One revelation from the event: The team didn't fix the Lombardi Trophy that newly retired tight end Rob Gronkowski dented by attempting to bunt with it before the Boston Red Sox's Opening Day festivities earlier this spring.

The dinged-up Lombardi brought out the laughs Thursday night.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001033053/article/patriots-didnt-fix-dent-gronk-put-on-lombardi-trophy

Edited by HOUSE

7 minutes ago, Success said:

I can’t stand the whole “lovable goofball” persona he has with everyone.  My whole perception of him changed after that late hit on Tre.  He’s scum.

Meh, competition brings out some raw emotions.  Can't judge the guy completely on one impulsive act during an NFL contest.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Success said:

I can’t stand the whole “lovable goofball” persona he has with everyone.  My whole perception of him changed after that late hit on Tre.  He’s scum.

I agree. The fact he used a weapon on a guy with his back to him makes him super scum. I still don't get why him or anyone else should be allowed to play football with a metal club on their arm either.

• Like (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Meh, competition brings out some raw emotions.  Can't judge the guy completely on one impulsive act during an NFL contest.

You can, however, judge a career goon to have been a career goon. Hockey has them. Football too. Gronk was an A+ goon on the field (see: "Rub" routes and Pick Plays):

#goonplatoon #cheatriots

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Jobot said:

I agree, but I can also judge a guy for how he takes responsibility for his actions.  After the benefit of time to think about what he did to Tre, he showed no remorse for an action that resulted in a concussion and had the potential to end the career of another player. 

After a great career, this will be the one Gronk play that I remember most.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

He's a f***king neanderthal, what do people expect?  He was a great NFL player and will go to the HOF but he's also a complete moron and buffoon.  The two aren't mutually exclusive.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

He's the archetype of the Williamsville North Meathead that I knew so well back in high school.

? - "Williamsville North" and "meathead" are not things I'd associate with each other. The meathead left before his senior year anyway for a true meathead (i.e., D1 jock factory) in the Pittsburgh area. 

1 hour ago, Success said:

He is not a lovable goofball.  He is a moron, with the mental acuity and maturity level of a 12 year old.  

• Like (+1) 4

56 minutes ago, TuelTime said:

I agree. The fact he used a weapon on a guy with his back to him makes him super scum. I still don't get why him or anyone else should be allowed to play football with a metal club on their arm either.

Roids cause anger management issues.... once he stops juicing I’m sure he’ll be kind hearted  

• Haha (+1) 1

They should get it fixed and have Gronk pay for it. Can't believe the level of disrespect shown to the Lombardi Trophy that some of these players show. Especially this Gronk incident. The NFL should fine the team for blatant disrespect to the league and the game in general.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jobot said:

We can't keep giving stuff like this an excuse.  That type of behavior is wrong in any sports setting no matter how you slice it.  

If you keep making excuses for impulsive people, they stay impulsive for the rest of their lives.  

• Like (+1) 2